[20] Did You Hear The Doctor?

Maya

It's 8 a.m. and we are already up, having breakfast on my kitchen table...

When suddenly we both jump in the chair, scared of Carina's phone ringing.

She runs to get it out of her purse, and opens wide her eyes.

C-"Oh my God, it's her...Dr.Gallegher..."

M-"Come on! You can do it, baby..I'm here with you!"

I tell her to calm her down...

She answers on speaker phone.

G-"Good morning Dr.De Luca, I'm calling beacause I'm happy to tell you that there is no symptom of bipolar disorder in you...
You're probably just going through a rough patch...
Take some time, relax yourself...you'll see that things will get better!"

She gets stuck.
She doesn't move and she doesn't answer.

G-"Dr.De Luca? Are you still there?"

I'll pick up the phone and answer for her.

M-"Yes..yes, she's here, we are here, we understand, thank you very much Dr. Gallagher!"

G-"It's been a pleasure, now I have a patient so I must go, goodbye!"

Carina's still there, staring at the void.

I slowly approach her and look into her eyes, caressing her cheek.

M-"Hey baby...Did you hear the doctor? You're fine!"

She looks at me and, as if she has understood just now what happened, she starts to cry, jumping on me and hugging me.

We just stay like this for a while...
Because I understand that's what she needs right now.

M-"Okay, now that the tears are over, we have to celebrate, I have to work this morning, but you might want to go for a picnic this afternoon?"

She gives me a sweet smile and tells me

C-"Sure, I love picnics...and I have some days off, so...yes!"

Carina

I still can't believe what happened this morning, but I'm happy now.

While Maya was at work, I prepared one perfect picnic basket, with all kinds of food.
At 3 p.m. she leaves the station and we go to the park.

We spend a wonderful afternoon, cuddling, laughing, and rolling around in the meadow like two little girls

I love this woman like I've never loved anyone.

M-"Listen, I got an idea...but if you don't want, just tell me, okay?"

C-"Sure"

M-"Would you like to go dancing at some clubs tonight to celebrate?"

C-"Oh my God...YES, YES YES!! I really need it!"

M-"Perfect! Then we must go, so we can eat and then we can get ready!"

Maya

We do as we said, and at 11 p.m. we are ready to go.

I'm wearing a black strapless dress, simple but I think very beautiful..

Carina is wearing a black dress too but maybe more elegant, that reaches to her knee

How can she be more beautiful every time?

We arrive in the club and immediately the music lowers the volume of thoughts, so we decide to start from a short, and after that, I obviously have to go pee.

I leave Carina at the bar to order our two cocktails and I scream, telling her I'm going to the bathroom, because otherwise the music would cover my voice.

When I get back, I look for Carina and I see a black hair girl talking to her at the bar.

Suddenly she comes even closer and says something to Carina's ear.

I see Carina walk away and say no with her head and that girl come up again.

I've seen too much, that's enough!

I try to pass among the people who dance, and I arrive quickly at the bar, furious.

I slip right between them, putting my elbows on the counter looking at her angrily.

OH GOD, NO.....
HOLY SHIT.....SHE IS.....