[40] I'm Doing My Best

Maya

It's been almost a week since my brother died. The only thing I wanted to do at first, was crying non stop in my girlfriend harms.
But I realized or at least Carina made me realise that I need to be strong for this little girl.
I have to.

The good thing about doing my job is that I know a lot of people, so thanks to some friends I was able to take home my niece with me, until the adoption papers are ready.
We where able to find her ID in my brother's stuff.

Her name is Mia Bishop.

I don't know if it's true but every time I think about it, I hope that my brother calling his daughter like this, somehow has something to do with me and my name.
Anyways, I love it.

Even tho sometimes Carina gets triggered when she's trying to call one of us and get confused.
It's actually really funny.

"Miaaaa it's time to brush your teeth sweetie, we gotta go!"

Carina is going to take her to her first day at the hospital daycare.
When she hear Carina's voice she immediately stop playing with her dolls and runs into the bathroom.

I'm so happy that she already loves Carina so much. I do too.

While they are brushing their teeth I pick two outfits for her so that she can choose the one she likes.

They are so cute!

They are so cute!

She arrives in Carina's harms, still with her pj's on.

"Ookay who is ready to choose her first day outfit!?"

I say attracting her attention.

"Daisies or sunflowers?"

She looks at them and then says

"Funfuuels!"

"I bet that was sunflowers! Good choice sweetie, let's wear them!"

I say and then with Carina's help and some tickle's too, we are all dressed in 15 minutes.