Chapter 1: Piercing Red Eyes

Please Note: I wrote this back in 2016-2017. The original is on my AO3, but I'm now sharing it on Wattpad because I finally managed to make a cover art for it! I kept all of my beginning and end notes the same/slightly revised, so don't mind it too much if it has old information ^^ Also, even though it is my first fanfic, I hope you will enjoy reading it!

Beginning Notes:

Hello all, Kuuhaku here!

This is my first fanfiction so please be kind, but feel free to give constructive criticism and of course any other comments are always welcome :)

Please enjoy because I love BakuShima/Kiribaku as much as you all probably do! I got so excited about this story that I went ahead and wrote the next several chapters so expect a new chapter soon!

---

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter  | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

It was around 6 am in the morning and the neighborhood remained silent as the people continued to sleep peacefully. Usually nobody cared enough to be awake at the butt crack of dawn like him so he knew he could peacefully go running without the presence of others. Bakugou grabs his keys and shoves it down his pocket as he quietly makes his way to his front door. Slipping on his running shoes and tying his shoelaces firmly, Bakugou opens the door of his apartment and breaths in the crisp air before he starts his morning run.

The weather feels nice, but it's a bit cloudy. It might rain later today... Better get back before it starts pouring.

And with that, the blonde sets a steady pace towards the beach not too far from his apartment.

It was almost the end of Spring vacation and soon the school year was going to start. Bakugou was now a sophomore in college studying in culinary arts. He was going to be the best, the best chef in the world. He's going to come out as number one in his class- no in his department! No one can surpass him, no one is better than him because after all, he is special. He's always been special since he was a child. Coming out as a world class chef and running a 5 star restaurant was going to be a piece of cake for him.

The sky was starting to darken despite the fact it was supposed to be sunrise about now. Bakugou was just starting to run next to the beach, parallel to the shore, when he felt something wet on his face and arms.

Fuck, it's starting to rain...!

The blonde pushed on the balls of his feet with more force to set a faster pace to finish his run a bit earlier today when he spotted a body half lying limply near boulders and half in the waters. The body was off course from his usual routine he runs. Bakugou just needed to make a right turn soon to head back to his apartment and stay safe from the upcoming storm.

But the body remained still and the position was unnaturally twisted and... Was that blood...?

Though he couldn't care less about other people besides himself, Bakugou decided to spare a little of his time to do a civilian job of checking to make sure the person was okay. Instead of making his usual right turn, he ran straight to the body. The rain began to pour a little harder and the blonde hurriedly approached the body.

Upon closer inspection, the body belonged to a young man possibly around his age. His bright red hair spiked in every direction and strangely enough, he had a similar colored red scales along the edges of his forearms that changed color and form as it smoothly merged to skin past his elbows up to his biceps. Bakugou then noticed his wrists were bound tightly with a rope and... His fingers were webbed? He was wrapped in a fish net on his waist down and had some whip-like marks on his body, varying sizes of bruises, and a deep laceration across his chest.