Chapter 7: Prepare Yourself Bakugou

Beginning Notes:

Good to see you all~ it's Kuuhaku! I'll admit, I was being ambitious in trying to fit 3 different POVs into one chapter, so I separated Bakugou's POV into chapter 8.

By the way, I have a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT in the end notes of Chapter 8, so please make sure to check it out!

---

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

[Kaminari]

His words aren't fast enough to alert Kirishima when he sees the fishnet approaching his best friend in slow motion. His skin prickles in horror before he's able to push his voice out of his tight chest.

"Kiri-!"

Too late. He said it way too fucking late. His vision blurs from the tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. This wasn't supposed to happen. He shouts out Kirishima's name again and sees his piercing red eyes glare at him.

"IDIOT! SWIM BACK HOME! DON'T YOU DARE TURN AROUND!" Kirishima roars out and sends a weak ripple towards him just in time for Kaminari to regain control over his body and barely dodge the second fishnet aimed for him. He swims only a mile away, hiding deep within the ocean and keeping a gold eye out on the fishermen's boat. The redhead may have told him to go back home, but as his best friend, there's no way he'd do that.

As much as he knows the chances of Kirishima's survival is slim to none, he's not going to abandon him so quickly. Kaminari continues to stalk the boat, but suddenly feels the waves of the ocean change a little. A subtle nudge to his body hints a hazardous danger approaching. A storm is coming. He frowns and furrows his brows in slight desperation. This isn't going to go very well for either of them.

Kaminari attempts to get closer to the boat but the waves are stronger and more threatening now that the storm has arrived. Normally, he'd have stayed back home or swam in the opposite direction of the storm, but Kirishima needs him! He pushes through the best he can and as he does, he finally sees the long awaited flash of red plunge through the water.

Kirishima...! He can see the redheaded merman curl into himself in pain, blood flowing and dispersing into the ocean. He hurriedly tries to swim forward, but the waves are incredibly powerful and he can tell Kirishima's not having a good time either. The waves toss the redhead around roughly and Kaminari can still see the fishnet restricting his movements along with a newfound rope binding his wrists together. Dammit! The blonde's equally having a hard time swimming. It's dark and murky and it pushes and pulls Kaminari mercilessly, getting farther and farther away from Kirishima. The air in his lungs feels like it's being knocked out effortlessly every time he tries to breathe. His head throbs in pain and his breathing's becoming erratic. Having finally experienced what swimming in a storm is like, he'll never fucking do it again.

Their bodies tumble in the waves of the ocean until mother nature finally blesses them into a safe escape towards a beach of an island he recognizes as Japan. Kirishima's already swept up to the shore and Kaminari's soon to join him if he lets the waves gently take him there, but he's not that stupid. His body feels sore from the storm, but he quickly dips into the water and glances around to check for any humans to show up.

Kaminari would say he's not all that smart, sure, but he's a coward and that's what makes him survive and avoid any possible danger unlike the ambitious redhead-of-an-idiot Kirishima can be sometimes. This all wouldn't have happened if Kirishima weren't so risky, but what's happened, happened. Nothing can be done but moving on.