Chapter 15: I Missed You

Beginning Notes:

Welcome back from the long break I took to get my life together and fuck myself for being late again! I'm still slightly sick, but I am almost all better! Aside from that, here! Enjoy the long awaited chapter~

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

Plus Ultra's kitchen is silent aside from the clanking of pots and pans, the chopping on cutting boards, and the sizzle of delicious food cooking. The atmosphere yields to the blonde's emotions and it changes from a gloomy aura to an angry one and suddenly sad again throughout the months that have passed. Fellow employees have been avoiding Bakugou and refrained entirely from speaking with him as his mood swings have been quite unstable lately.

Yaoyorozu enters through the backdoor in her flattering body-fitting work clothes and she spots Bakugou nearby the door. She smiles and greets him, receiving a grunt in response. He tries to walk away but she immediately notices the absence of the sterling silver chain around his neck.

"Oh, Bakugou. Did you forget to wear your necklace today?" Yaoyorozu smiles sweetly at the blonde, but Bakugou doesn't face her and continues his work. She had been the one to recommend a jewelry store for him to customize his necklace and Yaoyorozu had many connections, blessing him with a rather large discount.

Bakugou sighs audibly and glares at her, "No. Fuck off."

Her smile slowly drops from her face and she mutters out an apology before turning around, moving to head for the cubicles to set her purse down. She passes by other workers and they greet each other casually with comforting smiles after Bakugou's rude response to her.

"Don't let it get to you. You know how Bakugou is." Sero gives her a reassuring smile, having witnessed the blonde's harsh words.

"Yeah, I know." Yaoyorozu smiles and immediately brightens up from his kind words before turning around and slipping between rushed bodies of waitresses and waiters alike to reach her destination where she sees Todoroki standing closely beside a green-haired male. He has his hand cupped on the side of Midoriya's cheek and he blushes at the touch. Todoroki swipes his thumb over his cheekbone and leans intimately close to whisper softly into Midoriya's ear, making the man lightly push Todoroki away.

"Stop that." Midoriya laughs sheepishly before spotting Yaoyorozu and stepping away from the taller man.

"... Good day Todoroki, Midoriya." Yaoyorozu approaches them and nods in their direction in acknowledgement of the two. It's a bit odd watching the pair act so affectionately with each other but she tries not to pay it too much mind.

"Yaoyorozu, you made it." Midoriya flashes her a bright smile and she returns it.

"You seem to be doing well. How was your vacation?"

"O-oh, it was uhm... good." A light dust of pink graces Midoriya's cheeks and he looks away from the other two. From what Yaoyorozu heard, every year Todoroki's family goes on vacation the first week of summer break and Todoroki had invited the green-haired man to join him this year.

"Yeah, we had fun." Todoroki gives her a small smile and lightly pats the small of Midoriya's back, making his blush bloom into a red.

"That's good to hear! It's great to have you two back at Plus Ultra." She takes her jacket off and puts it into the cubicle along with her purse. "Oh... Also, by any chance do you know what's been going on with Bakugou for the past few months?"