Chapter 18: Goodbye and Hello

Beginning Notes:

Glad to have you back :) Sorry I was a couple of days off from what I predicted this chapter would be out. Something always tries to sabotage my plans after I make them, but here's the chapter! Please enjoy, it's extra long so I hope you enjoy 2 chapters in 1.

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram
(ノ'ヮ')ノ*:・゚✧

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

"This is Todoroki, he's one of the sons of the widowed mermaid we talked about before." Kaminari grins widely at the redhead before patting at the other merman's shoulder and arching his brow at Kirishima, "He's not allowed to be here so let's keep quiet about this, okay?"

"That's fine, my parents are asleep. They're deep sleepers so they won't wake up for a while before they notice you guys are here." Kirishima responds with a wave of his hand as though he was pushing the topic aside. He was more interested in something else. Something about Todoroki smelled familiar. He was sure he smelled Todoroki's scent on Bakugou before and not only that, Todoroki smelled faintly like... Bakugou. His heart sped up from the connection to the blonde but his body slumped in grim anticipation. If Todoroki was here... Then it must have to do with Bakugou, which most likely was not good news.

"... Are you friends with Katsuki?"

"Not really, but I know him enough to know who you are." Todoroki approaches the redhead and they sniff one another before briefly swiping their necks against each other. Kirishima takes a good look at the man, scanning his eyes over his forearms and tail. Glistening white and flaming red scales mix in a fluid gradient, back and forth horizontally in a haphazardly beautiful, wide swirling over his tail. Royal, deep blue colored his tail fin and climbed up his sides, decorating his tail to his hips. Kirishima's head tilts in amusement at the unique manner of gradation in Todoroki's tail but he ignores it to look at the man's eyes again.

"What do you mean you know him enough to know me? How did you meet him?" Kirishima narrows his eyes suspiciously at Todoroki. Was Katsuki meeting another merman while he was with me? His body tenses for a moment but relaxed slightly from his brain churning quickly to a comforting conclusion. Their meeting must not have been anything significant since Todoroki's scent was more associated with friendly guileless touches, nothing too serious to give much thought to.

"I'm half-human-half-merman. I go to school and work with him. Nothing more and nothing less so don't worry about our relationship because there's barely any to begin with and please don't bother asking me how I was born." Todoroki says flatly as though he had mentally prepared himself in coming out with the truth. However, contrasting to Todoroki's calm response, Kaminari and Kirishima's eyes widen in shock and disbelief. Was it actually possible to be half-and-half? Well, it certainly was considering Todoroki was here before them but it seemed unordinary, rare, and... fascinating. It also explained why Todoroki and Bakugou seemed to have each other's scent lingering on one another without Bakugou secretly visiting the merman at the beach because they simply interacted with each other in day-to-day activities in the human world. Realizing this, Kirishima shakes himself out of his stunned state and levels his eyes back to Todoroki while Kaminari starts mumbling incomprehensible words with a confused and thoughtful expression, incredibly flabbergasted.

"Okay, then... what brings you here?" Kirishima asks as he leans back to rest against the wall, unsure if he could sit up straight on his own. He was exhausted from his heat week and he wasn't sure if he could sit up let alone swim around normally for an elongated time. He twiddles his thumbs together before moving to grip the edge of his stone bed out of discomfort. The redhead had a bad feeling for the man's sudden appearance and it most likely had to do with the unfortunate... Bakugou must be devastated-