Chapter 8: Curiosity Becomes Yearning

Beginning Notes:

Here's an extra chapter for you all from me, Kuuhaku~ It feels good to be back to writing in the POV of the shouting, obnoxious Bakugou we all love.

Don't forget, I have a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT in the end notes and if you would be so kind to read it, it would make me very happy~
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

---

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

[Same day Yaoyorozu went to the sex shop]

Bakugou wakes up early in the morning to do his usual 6 am run. The weather feels nice today and he's in a particularly good mood for two reasons, one being he gets to work today. The blonde couldn't wait to be in the hot atmosphere of the kitchen near fire and smoke and creating things with his own two hands. He could barely even stand a day without doing anything and he's excited to get back to work. The other reason was because of the other day. Yesterday, aside from their sexual activity, Bakugou's glad that Kirishima finally understood he's not ready for sex and interpreting the merman's body language is getting easier... As for the kissing and touching... it isn't too bad either.

The blonde shakes his head to rid himself of his thoughts on the redhead when he hears a loud splash in the calm waters. Bakugou whirls his head towards the ocean and sees a golden-headed man with a black lightning bolt highlight in his hair. Bakugou immediately recognizes the way the man's hair gives off a vibrant color and his skin's glowing unnaturally bright under the hot sun. A merman. Bakugou slows down to a halt and urgently looks around. What if someone sees you, dumbass?!

Bakugou carefully approaches the blonde merman and stops at a reasonable distance. He peers at the man in the water curiously. He has golden eyes and is incredibly handsome too, just like Kirishima - though the voice in the back of his head says he'd still prefer the redhead. Perhaps all merpeople were handsome and beautiful... Whatever. Bakugou pushes his thoughts out and digs in his pocket to pull out Kirishima's scarlet scale. He bends down to the ground with purpose, stretching his arm out towards the merman. The only possible logic the merman willingly approached him is if he's connected to Kirishima somehow. And he was right.

The merman looks to him desperately and Bakugou immediately understands he must be a friend of the redhead. Is he okay? Is Kirishima alright?

Bakugou nods his head and shakes his arm, letting him know it's okay to take the scale. The merman cautiously picks it up and leans back to float on his back briefly to pull his own scales off. The merman's tail sparkles golden on his pelvis area transitioning into a blinding white, beautifully ruffling at his fins. He has black lightning bolt marks starting at both sides of his hips and stretches down to about halfway into his tail. The merman pulls all three colors out and places them in Bakugou's hand, closing his fingers over his scales tightly and stares at him with his golden eyes. Give it to him. Let him know I'm okay and am waiting for him to come back.

Bakugou numbly nods his head again and the merman quickly wedges Kirishima's red scale into an empty space on his tail before plunging back into the waters to leave. Bakugou stands there dumbfounded until he regains control over his mind again.

Black and white...? That was definitely another alpha and a fucking rare one too. Bakugou couldn't believe this was happening to him. Finding Kirishima in itself was unusual but now, he just first-handedly met a rare merman. What the hell? Kirishima's friends with him? The fuck? Bakugou can imagine how many people would die to be in his position right now and he grins widely.