Chapter 17: Inner Alpha Voice

Beginning Notes:

Welcome, welcome, it's Kuuhaku~ Thank you for waiting for this chapter!

As a reminder, this chapter is still back in the ocean in Kirishima's POV so everything is still immersed deep in the waters. This chapter is still the same day as when Bakugou let Kirishima go back home and the same day as the previous chapter - when he met his parents.

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram
(ノ'ヮ')ノ*:・゚✧

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

Red seaweed decorates the walls of the interior of Kirishima's room in winding paths climbing high from the ground up. His room was shaped as a dome with a small opening inside, leading into a hallway connected to their living room and another larger opening on the exterior of his room as a window, showing the great outdoors of the ocean beyond. Kirishima was sitting silently on his bed, a block of a large boulder carved out into a sleek rectangle to lie on top of. He looks out his window across from him and watches small fishes of varying colors flash around quickly as they swim by, off on their own journeys of who knows where. A sigh escapes his lips and he pouts as he downcasts his red eyes. His parents had told him to watch over the house while they went off to hunt for food, particularly Kirishima's favorite and he had smiled brightly and said he'd wait for them, but he feels incredibly bored right now. It'd be nice if he could visit Kaminari but he didn't want to leave the house and risk causing his parents into having a heart attack from his disappearance.

Fluidly, Kirishima swims over to his window and settles down on the ground, his tail curling around him and thumping the floor in a soft repetitive beat as he folds his arms atop the stone outline of the large opening in his room. He begins to sing a song and his mind wanders off to thoughts of Bakugou. Oh, how he missed him already and it's only really been a few hours since the last time they were together. When will I be able to go visit Katsuki again? In a few days? No... Mom and dad would be extremely sad if I left so soon... Maybe in a few weeks, though I'd have to somehow convince them that I'll be fine travelling back and forth safely, but I guess it's hard for them to believe me since I was caught once already and got hurt. His fingers unconsciously begin to trace the rough texture of the scar across his chest, remembering the day the blonde had saved him. ... It would be nice if I could touch Katsuki again... Maybe just a hug or even just to look at him – oh... But then I'd want to touch him. Ah~ it's so hard to be so far away from him...!

The redhead heaves a frustrated sigh as he stares out into the open, spacing out until he feels a light tug at his nerves as though someone was approaching. Kirishima looks around curiously until he spots the blonde merman swimming towards him from afar. Much more than a little excited, Kirishima begins to swim in circles in his room, chirping loudly and whistling for his friend until Kaminari makes it through the large opening of his wall and the redhead rams into him with a crushing hug.

"Kaminari!"

"H-holy shit, Kirishima! I can't breathe...!" Kaminari struggles against the merman's hold and he scowls when Kirishima lets go to sheepishly apologize. The blonde shakes his head at the merman practically vibrating from excitement before smiling largely at the redhead with a thumbs up, "I did say I was going to come back and visit."

A smile equally as genuine as Kaminari's spreads across Kirishima's face and he circles around the blonde merman, chirping delightfully until the two finally sat down on the floor. As soon as they were comfortable, Kirishima flashes a bright smile at Kaminari and laughs out in sheer happiness from his best friend's unexpected arrival, "You have good timing, I was just thinking of visiting you!"