Chapter 10: Love Is Painful

Beginning Notes:

How's it going? It's Kuuhaku!

I'd like to make a quick note before the chapter begins: I feel that because Kirishima does not fully speak human language, it's hard for you all to see that he's communicating with Bakugou. But I'd like to point out that they are able to communicate with each other through body language. It's certainly not perfect word-for-word, but definitely still able. Perhaps I am not doing a very good job of conveying this, so I will do my best to really show this from here on.

---

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

Bakugou sits in the living room atop the carpet rug, back leaning against the couch behind him and arms laid over the coffee table in front of him. He frowns at the redhead sliding back and forth from the living room and his bedroom, bringing many plush materials to wrap around Bakugou.

Kirishima's desperately making a nest out of blankets, shirts, and pants to cover delicately over Bakugou's injured state. He whimpers quietly to himself with an occasional croon of guilt as he gently strokes the blonde's hips before covering him up.

"... Kirishima." Bakugou's frown deepens when the redhead unknowingly ignores him to rush over into the bathroom to come back with towels to add into the nest. Kirishima pulls back the covers and worriedly pats his hips before bundling him up again. The makeshift nest wraps Bakugou up to under his pecs and it's starting to get hot from the amount of layers around him.

"Kirishima." Bakugou calls out again and the redhead moves to flop back into the bathroom, but the blonde quickly grasps his wrist tightly. "Hey. Pay attention."

Kirishima looks up to him with sad puppy eyes and a pout. He casts his guilty gaze to the ground, whimpering before pulling back the nest once more to check on the blonde. Bakugou's brows furrow at such a genuine display of concern and his heart sinks heavily. Kirishima truly did not mean to hurt him and he's doing everything in his power to try and help Bakugou, despite the uselessness the attempts are.

"Kirishima... This isn't helping at all." Bakugou can only think about having to make his bed again and put his clothes back to its original place along with the towels. "I'm not bleeding. Just give me a fucking moment and I'll get better."

Kirishima's pout deepens and he tilts his head in confusion. Bakugou huffs and begins peeling back the mess of a nest the redhead made. Flustered, Kirishima whines loudly and pushes the blankets back, but Bakugou roughly shoves him away and shouts in built up rage.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" Bakugou pushes the blankets away from himself and glares at redhead. "There's nothing you can do so quit it. And stop fucking touching me already, you've done enough of that."

Bakugou seethes at him in pure bitterness and Kirishima's bottom lip trembles as he bows his head low in utter guilt. He moans out sorrowfully before looking back up to match his red eyes with Bakugou's rage-filled ones. His broad chest rises and falls as he takes a deep breath in, as though the redhead's come to terms with something.

"Bakugou..." Kirishima breathes out his name in slight frustration and moves to sit in the blonde's lap, but Bakugou shoves him away.

"What are you fucking doing?! I don't want sex!"

"No, Bakugou!" Kirishima yells in annoyance and surges forward to latch onto the blonde's neck, pulling himself swiftly into his lap. Bakugou tenses in panic before gripping the merman's arms tightly to rip him off.