Chapter 6: Be Mine Bakugou

Beginning Notes:

Hello, hello~ it's Kuuhaku! This chapter was incredibly hard to write and I did a shit job of it... I'M SO SORRY! I promise the next chapter will be thoroughly edited and beta'd more than I have been the last like 3 chapters. And in the later chapters, another Kirishima POV will come up and I promise I will make it better than this piece of crap.

---

Follow me @xkuuhakux on Tumblr and on Twitter | @xkuuhakux_ on Instagram

—————

[Start of Chapter]

—————

Kirishima lazily opens his eyes from another nap he's taken today. He's lost count of how many times he's slept already. He's been trying to sleep more to increase his recovery speed so he can return to the ocean faster. The redhead pushes his body up out of the water and yawns before looking around the bathroom. Where's Bakugou?

He crosses his arms onto the edge of the bathtub and heavily places his chin atop it. Kirishima frowns in boredom and flicks his tail around, spilling water over the edge of the bathtub along with his loose scales. He's lost so many. If his mother were here, she'd reprimand him and tell him to eat healthier or something of the like, but he only eats fish here. Not that he's complaining, he loves meat, but his mother's right and he kind of misses her nagging. It'd be nice if he could visit his parents again to show them he's alive and well and how he's finally been able to get a mate-! Or so he thought. Why is Bakugou so difficult? Wasn't it him who wanted this? Started this?

When Kirishima was in school and learned about mating, their teacher had told them, "You'll be ready to find your mate when you're between the ages of 16 and 20. It's perfectly normal to find yours after the age of 20 though, so don't worry about it too much. 16 is also the age that your heat week will begin every year, so make sure to stay in your rooms during this time so you don't commit impulsive actions on anyone." The teacher spoke sternly and seriously before softening her expression, "The day you find your mate will come in due time. You will feel it inside your heart when you found the right one."

And so Kirishima felt it at the last year of 20 years old. His family was worried for him when his 20th birthday came around and he reassured them that it's okay to go over that age, but deep down he was worried he would be alone for the rest of his life as some merpeople did in fact end up being. But another thing his teacher pointed out that bothers him so much is that finding your mate is supposed to be a rather smooth process. Kirishima doesn't feel a drop of that in his situation. A little chase is okay, but Bakugou's full-on rejecting sex. It's so confusing. He's allowed to kiss him and touch him sometimes, but more than that and Bakugou runs away. Why? Why won't he let him mark him as his mate? They're already doing things that mates do in the first place. Is he playing with his feelings? Why is it such a problem for Bakugou to give himself up?

Kirishima unknownly begins to rip his scales on his forearms off one by one. The pain of it goes unnoticed due to his somber thoughts. What is it about me that Bakugou doesn't like? Am I a nuisance because I'm injured? Or maybe because he has to waste so much food on me? Kirishima pouts. As an alpha, he's supposed to be the one hunting for food for his family. Letting his omega do all the work is against his pride and dignity as an alpha. It's just not manly. He swishes his tail around in irritation before feeling a little forlorn. It must be because I'm not human with legs and feet. He closes his eyes, trying to visualize what it would be like if Bakugou was a merman too and how they could swim together. Bakugou probably would prefer to be able to walk with his lover, wouldn't he? Kirishima feels like crying just to relieve his stress a little. I wish I knew what he says to me... Maybe that's another thing he hates about me: not being able to speak the same language.