Eight

Milan-

The rest of the day was quiet, I talked to my mom and sisters but that was it. Pop just watched tv and slept. Not talking to him and being angry at each other must be the worst feeling ever, getting him upset like that was never my intentions and maybe I'm a bitch for treating him like that.

He was asleep and I got up pulling the covers over him, kissed his forhead and was just staring at him.
"I'm sorry poppa" I felt bad, maybe I should stop being afraid of being hurt and give him a chance but if it ever goes left our friendship may be out the window as well.

I pulled out my note book and began making sketches for my project and sharing it with the group as I went along, so far everything is going well.

Pop and I made plans to go to out tomorrow I don't know where to, he said it was a surprise though.
I dreaded the thought of our friendship being ruined because of a failed romance but all I could think think about is what if it works out.
He's already my best friend why not add lover to the list while I'm at it.

I closed my book and snuggled under my covers, tomorrow was a new day ahead and I said my prayers asking God to guide me the right way because my current state was very confusing.
I drifted to sleep with him on my mind and conflicting thoughts.
What should I do?

Pop-

Today Milan and I were supposed to go out, I was gonna surprise her but I can tell that maybe that surprise wasn't such a good Idea anymore.

I ordered our breakfast along with some of her favorite snacks, even though shawty and I aint on amazin terms right now don't mean I ain't gone treat her like a princess, to me she was the epitome of beauty, divine feminine energy and she from New York so even better, gangster and smart.

Once our food came I set it out on her night stand and woke her up so that I could wake her up.
"Milli" I gently shaked her, she groaned while squinting her eyes then  closed them again.
"Come on Milli" I looked at her with her bonnet, glowing skin and the little trail of drool on her face. Even then she was beautiful to me.

She opened her eyes and sat up smiling at me. "Thank you poppa" she hugged me and then rubbed her eyes.
"Shawty your breath stink" I said playing with her as she blowed her morning breath at me.
"Whatever nigga, let me go brush my teeth" she got up from under the covers and was in my hoodie and my shorts.
"So my luggage is your shopping mall now huh?"
"Yessirrrr" I heard her yell in the bathroom.

We ate and talked about my music as well as my future plans and her plans too. Milan had a serious talent with fashion and she could sing too, no doubt she would make it out here.
"Sing for me Milli Rock" she rolled her eyes and continued eating her snacks
"I'm serious Milan"
"No, I cant sing" she said and I begged and then she gave in.

She began singing Seven Days by Mary J Blige and it felt like she meant every word, each word filled with pain and love. I could tell it was about me.

I've been searching for someone
But never looked before my eyes
There you were to my surprise
It was so obviouse looking into your face
After playing a game of truth or dare
I wanted to stay at your place
I never thought that I
Would fall in love with you
But since the day we kissed
I knew it had to be you
I never thought we would be together
I can't believe I just made love to you
After all the things that we've been through
Now what are we gonna do

Monday, a friend of mine
Tuesday, we played a game
Wednesday, you went away
Thursday, things weren't the same
On Friday, you came back
I wanted to kiss you
On Saturday
On Sunday we made love
Now what are we gonna do
As much as I, I want you
I don't wanna wreck a friend
I've already found in you
I've been there before
And I can't ignore
How two friends became one
But walked away with none
I cannot risk a friend
But the love is so good
I gotta make a choice
I would if I could
I never thought we would be together
How can I address you
"Hey lover?", "Hi friend!"
"How ya doin'?", "Where ya been?"
I gotta make a choice

As she ended to break the tension between us she finished I complimented her and made a joke about her rifts.

She went to take a shower and I sat thinking for a while and decided to still take her out, she got out and was in a  blue sundress and her fluffy slippers.

"Get dressed around six and dress fancy, I'll come pick you up." I decided to leave her until then so that she can have her alone time to get ready and I wanted to be surprised by shawty's look, I knew she'd go all out cause she's a fashion student.
She nodded as I left and closed the door and went over to my bro Fivo's place for the while.

Milan-

Pop told me to get ready for 6 and it was now 4 and I was still trying to figure out what to wear, what colours to put together with what shoes and I began to get frustrated with myself like how hard could that be?

I decided to do my hair first then get my clothes together. I found it hard to choose between my wig or my natural hair but since he said fancy and my hair was already braided I decided to go with the wig. I know my natural hair could be fancy and classy but it would take way too long. I put my wig cap on and then the wig , added the glue and made sure it was secured cause I'm not bout to look busted out here.

Once I was done I tied my edges down and hopped in the shower shaving my legs and under my arms, I was excited to see the surprise honestly and was a bit anxious.

I did my make up the best I ever did with blue shadow, eyeliner, eyebrows  slayed , gloss and you know the rest.

It was now 5:30 and I had to choose something to wear before six  I couldn't  be late but I put together the perfect outfit

I put on my blue satin dress with  spaghetti straps, laces up back,  stopped right above my knees and had a slit. I paired that  green heels and had on my diamond tennis necklace, gold anklet, charm bracelet and hoops.

I thought I dressed boring and had to change but it was already 5:50 and I heard knocking on the door. I put on my white trench coat and answered the door.
"Wow, you look fine" it was pop and he had on black Amiri jeans, white shirt, Christian Dior high top oblique sneakers and Christian Dior Coat.
"Thanks poppa" I hugged him, picked up my purse and was escorted outside to his car.

"Where are we going?"
"Don't worry, just enjoy ma" I smiled as he opened the back door for me and came in right after, Fivio was our driver tonight.

I felt so much butterflies just sitting next to him and I couldn't help but stare at him occasionally.

"Close your eyes" he got out the car and helped me out guiding me.

"Okay open your eyes" we were at a lake and there was a table that was candle lit and a trail of roses lead to the table.
I was in awe and we walked over to the table where there was a really young girl playing the violin.

There were beautiful lights, low music, the table had a vase with sunflowers and a waiter attended to us.
I was in shock, he went all out and I felt so special.
"Thank you soo much" I held his hand  and he smiled.

The food they served was amazing as well as the desert then we had a trail that was also lit by candles and to end it off we lit a lantern and sent it off into the sky.

I really thought something like that would never happen to me, It was so much and my feelings grew more for him.

As we headed back to the hotel I just felt so happy and at peace.

Maybe he can be my lover and my friend.