Twelve

Milan-
Pop was out in Atlanta for his concert and I couldn't be there unfortunately because It was May and I had a Spring Fashion Show to coordinate, things with Pop and I been great and I'm happy I didn't push him away.
I was upset that I couldn't see his show,I insisted that I'd ask for an extension so I could come see him but he wouldn't let me.

I organized the clothes and made sure all the lights and special effects were in order.
"Milan, you need help with anything ?" Jade asked as I fixed and tried to put everything in order.
"I'm making out for now, I'll let you know when I need some" she nodded and looked down at her fingers.
"What's wrong Jay?"
"I don't wanna ruin your show or your peace right now so I'll let you know after" she turned around and walked off.
"Jade, tell me" she pulled out her phone and gave it to me.

"Yo, what the fuck!"
"Chill Milan"
"What you mean chill?
Are you deadass right now?
Is this foreal?"
I stared at the phone pissed, it was video of Bashar and another girl, back stage and he was hugging her, then they kissed.

"Ion have time for this bullshit, If he wanna associate himself with some Atlanta treesh. Fine."

The show was amazing and Mr.Jae congratulated me for passing as well as other students, we all stayed back to clean up and pack up, I was heated but just glad I passed because I had been stressing out about this show since January.

"Milan, your phone's ringing!" one of my classmates said as I ran over to answer.

"Hello,Good Afternoon"
"Milli? Wassup?, why you ain't answering my calls and my messages?"
I rolled my eyes and hung up, nothing could make me feel better right now and he had the nerve to call asking me
''What's up' ? Bullshit.

I turned my phone off and left the venue and got some items on the way home.
I was hurt and I couldn't wait to get home and just break down. Maybe its not that serious, at least I'm hoping so.

Once I got home and said hi to my mother I went to my room and closed the door, dropping my bags on the floor. Changed into some pajamas and snuggled under my blanket, the rain began to poor and I felt like Mother Nature felt my pain, the weather matched my emotions but I couldn't cry, the heavy feeling was there, the heart ache but the tears refused to spill.

I finally put my phone on and it buzzed uncontrollably. Multiple messages and missed calls from Bashar, I refused to read any and listen to any of his voicemails.

Secret life of the Bees played in the background as I stared out the window watching the rain beat against the glass. My phone rang and I answered but did not speak.

"Milan? You there baby?" He asked  I just listened  and the tears finally fell. He heard my sniffles and continued to call out to me until I finally answered.
"Yes Bashar?" I made myself sound as strong as possible, masking the pain I felt. Although it was just a kiss I felt betrayed.
"Why weren't you answering me?"
"I don't know, you tell me" he grew silent and I sat in silence for a few seconds.

"When you figure it out and when you know what you want Bashar Jackson, call me." I hung up and rolled over and screamed and cried to the hardest of my ability.

How could he?
The tears came like a flood and carried on until I was asleep, it was the only sense of peace I felt for the day and I enjoyed it.

.
Pop-

I never meant for that happen, I hurt my sunshine and hearing the pain in her voice made me regret ever kissing that girl.

She hung up on me and I felt like I did the most heinous crime in the world, made my girl cry.

"Yo, I think I'm bout ro head back to New York early" I told everyone, they already knew what was going on  so they didn't bother to ask questions.

I got on the first flight back and Immediately headed over to Milan's place with no clear intentions except apology and no way to explain myself because I knew what I did was wrong.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.
"Bashar! Honey, how are you? You're back early" her mom said as she let me inside.
"I came to see Milan"
"She has been in that room since yesterday, go up and see then"
I walked slowly up the stairs and opened her door.

I am always amazed by her beauty when I lay my eyes on her. She was wrapped up in her blanket with just her face peeking out as she stared at the window, watching the rain.
"Milli?"

She glared at me then turned facing the wall.
I sat on her bed and put my hand on her shoulder but she pulled away.

"Milan, I'm Sorry, I really am.
I didn't mean to hurt you like that shatwy, I feel like a dimmed my girl's light. Baby I'm sorry"

"Bashar, you intentionally kissed another girl. If it didn't spread all over the internet would you even be sorry right now? You're sorry you got caught Bashar, and that's it."

"I love you Milan and I'm sorry I hurt you, I was stupid, acted like a bum and I just love you baby I'm sorry.

She looked at me with her glassy eyes and pulled me in crying her eyes out.

"I love you too"