Fifty Seven

"Now Pop you know you and my daughter had a thing going on" I rolled my eyes.

"She had a whole other nigga and I wasn't worried, she mad for no reason talk to your daughter bro I don't want nothing to do with her and that's for the best cause I'm done with this life I got my own shit goin on feel me. Ain't no way she can just walk through and fuck shit up cause you're her daddy and she got some sorta power and she might do this to the wrong person one day cause those securities she got are fuckin bums pabs how the fuck we ran outta there no problem bro. Real shit talk to your daughter we been done and she stopped fuckin with me first cause of her lil boyfriend ight"

He shook his head.
"Bring her in" the guards allowed her in and she glared at me.
"Carmen you will no longer bothering Bashar or his family and his love life. Do you hear me?" She muttered under her breath and folded her arms.

"What the fuck who you talkin to?, I said do you hear me!?"
"Yes daddy" she unfolded her arms and looked away.

"We've been done with him, imagine my surprise seeing him back here and because you're a bitch and wanna kidnap people with fuckin ass security and a shitty pistol. You're disappointing get the fuck outta here before I lock you up for shitty work. Like your daddy ain't Pablo. The fuckin Pablo." She turned on her heels and left.

"Good looks bro" I stood up from my seat.
"Ah ah not yet" he stood up and gestured with his fingers for the guards to close the doors.

"Now Bashar I did something for you, what's in it for me?"
"Fuck you mean nigga? Having to talk to your unruly daughter ? You buggin no cap that's your blood " he laughed and outed his cigar.

"Okay you're right and I am a man of fairness and honesty. Get outta my house before I change my mind and fuck you up" they open the door and I left.

I got back to my apartment, and dropped myself on the couch, I was drained and I my phone rang.

"Hellooo?" I said clearly annoyed.
"Baby I heard you were back and you ain't come see your momma?" The sound of my mother's voice made me soften up.

"Hey ma im sorry, been so caught up in some wild stuff. I'm comin now"

I got to her house and she welcomed me with open arms on the patio.
I smiled and gave her the biggest hug.

I explained everything that happened and she pulled me into a hug and I broke down, all this shit stressing me out, it's always something.

She rubbed my back as I sat on her bed and she mumbled 'it's okay baby' over and over.
The arms of my mother was my comfort, a place where I knew I could be vulnerable and everything would be okay.

"On Christ the Solid rock you stand Bashar, God, trust in God. All other ground and trusting in other things of this world will make you sink and stray" my eyes remained closed. She always ministered to me and she was very spiritual and wise, every word that left her mouth was tattooed in my heart.

"Psalm 30  5 to 6
For his anger endure but a moment; in his favor is life; weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning. Baby this pain you're feeling, this stress is only for a season, a period of time, a moment, but surely joy will come. You will be free from the drama, constant fighting and everything that bothers you. God will never put you in a situation you can't handle.

And even in your prosperity, never forget God and to thank him, he brought you so far honey" she hummed a song stroked my hair as we laid together and I fell asleep with my earthly comforter, my mother.

Milan-

Everytime my mother would come into the hospital room I'd completely ignore her, saying shit like that, I'm guessing Bashar had my bag so I didn't have a phone so I watched Grey's Anatomy on the little hospital Tv on the wall.

A few days passed being under observation and the nurse and my mom came in.
"Okay Milan you can go home today, we just need you to sign these papers, take as long as you need to and your mom will help you" she smiled and I sat up a little taking the papers from her.

"I'm not going home with my mom" I said while looking down at the papers and then signed.
Once I looked up my mother looked at me with an angry expression.
"What do you mean? Who you going home with then?"

I handed the nurse the papers.
"Bashar"
She rolled her eyes and picked up my back of clothes that she brought from home.
"You're coming with me" she said sternly and tugged at the bottom of her pink scrubs fixing them and brushed back her  4a curls with her hands  back into the low bun.

"Ma no I'm not, can you give us a second" the nurse left and closed the door, leaving us in the room.

"Milan you are mot going with that boy and If you do you are not to come back by my house. Pack your stuff and go! This is out of hand now, what if you got killed?!"

"Then that wouldn't be his fault, nobody is out for him ma, that was literally on someone else's hate and had nothing to do with him and if I didn't call him you probably would've been planning my funeral ma foreal"

"I don't care about who do what Ise yuh mother, I care bout you and not them. How he going to take care of you? Always on tour and fuckin dem good fuh nothin girls. You eh fed up get your heart broken? He ain't no good"
I was a bit taken back by her comments and I shook my head.
"Malissa!"
The nurse came in and stood with her clipboard held close to her chest.

"Call the number I gave you and tell him come get me please"
My mother raised her brow and chuckled, dropping my bag on the floor.
"Send him to get the rest of your stuff, you don't wanna come home with me? Don't come back" she turned and left the room.

My chest tightened and I tried not to cry but she was being extremely judgemental and rude even after she was the one told me to give him a chance.

I quickly wiped my tears as the nurse came back.
"He's on his way, do you need anything before you leave?" I shook my head no.

"Thank you for everything" she smiled and left.

This woman called my mother bro.