Chapter 10: Support

It's been a month since I found out I was pregnant. It was the worst month of my life. My dad still barely speaks to me and the tiredness and stress is starting to get to me a lot more.

The baby is growing, I can definitely see a small bump forming on me. It's still easy to hide which is good because I'm not ready for the whole world to know.

Study period is hell though. I try my best to avoid him but when he's in your class it's hard to do. Sam comes over and talks to me sometimes. He's just trying to be friendly. He really disagrees with Colby's choice, but I don't want to sweat over it. I started sitting at a different table that's farther away from him so he can't look at me. I feel angry, embarrassed and confused when I see him. I feel like I ruined everything for him.

"Ms. Khoury." I snap out of my thoughts when my teacher calls my name. I stare at her for a moment before responding, "Yes ma'am?" I ask quietly. "I said, give me the definition of pH." She asks. I feel the class staring at me, but I couldn't say anything. The answer was stuck in my throat. The teacher rolls her eyes, "Can anybody else answer for me?" I hear laughs around the class, my cheeks blush. I hate being the center of attention, especially when it ends with people laughing at me.

I feel someone rub my back, I turn around and see Sam with a small smile on his face. I smile back and turn back around, returning my focus to the teacher.

***

"Rya come on, we have to get home." I tell her as I walk up to her. She rolls her eyes and says goodbye to her friends.

"Why do you have to be home early every single day? I wanted to talk to my friends for a while."

"Because I'm not waiting around for you." I unlock my car and we both get in.

"Not my fault you don't have any friends." She mumbles. I ignore her and begin driving.

"So when do you know the gender?"

"Im not sure. I go to my next appointment soon, but I think it might take a few more weeks for them to be able to see the gender." I turn onto our road. "What do you think it'll be?" She asks. I shrug, "I'm not sure. I honestly not sure if anything right now." I pull into our house and take my seatbelt off.

"Hey," she puts her hand on my arm, stopping me from getting out. "I'm sorry about Colby. I'm going to help you as much as I can. I promise." I press my lips together and smile at her. "Thank you."

+++

AN: Short chapters like these are filler chapters. I do these in between the bigger ones so I can update if it's taking me a little longer to write. Hope you guys are enjoying :)