Chapter 16: Ashamed

I get in Colby's car, placing my book bag behind the seat. "You ready for this?" He asks while gripping into the gear shift. "No," I sigh. "Everyone's going to be staring." He puts his hand of my leg for a moment then smiles at me, "I'll be with you, nobody's going to do anything."I smile and look out the window, watching as we go to school.

Instagram was full of "congratulations" and likes, but I know it's all just behind the screen. Not many people had anything to say under the post, but I already know my name is floating around everyone. Colby's known for being a flirt and player, and I got played. Now I'm pregnant and everyone's going to know what him and I did.

This isn't how I wanted it to go. I wanted to have my first baby with excitement and joy. Instead, I'm scared and constantly nervous.

Colby pulls into the parking lot and I watch as my peers walk into the school. I clench my hands as I feel my heart beat faster. I immediately feel the sweat increasing around my body and my chest heavy. People are going to stare.

Colby parks and looks at me, "We can turn around. I can take you back home if you're not ready."

"No, I have to do this. Everyone will see me sooner or later and I'd rather it be sooner." I unbuckle and reach behind me, grabbing my bag. Colby watches me as I do so, sighing before following me. I open the door and look to the ground as I get out. Colby gets out after me and locks his car. I look up at him, only him, waiting to walk across the parking lot. We agreed to go straight to the library so we could avoid most people.

I keep my eyes in front as we walk together. I can feel everyone staring, seeing some turn their heads. I'll definitely go down as the school scandal in the year book.

"Everyone's looking." I sigh and frown. Colby hand wraps into mine, squeezing it as if he was telling me to relax.

We finally reach the library and go inside, sitting down next to Sam.

"How was it?" He asks.

"I wasn't looking. I didn't want to." I get my things out and quickly put my headphones in so I didn't have to talk or listen.

-Colby-

"Is she okay?" Sam whispers. I glance at her, her head is down as she reads her book. I can hear her music, so it's loud enough to block out voices out.

"I don't know, dude. She's ashamed." I watch as she bites her lip and taps her finger, trying to focus on her studies. Her cheeks are flushed more than usual, probably from the feeling of embarrassment.

"Do you think she's going to make it through the year?" Sam asks nervously.

"Of course, she's smart. She can do it." I hope. Amara is easily stressed I think. She's having a baby and it's her junior year. She needs to finish high school but what if it's all too much? What if she can't handle juggling them both? I get it easier, I already have my job with vine, I'm graduating and I don't have to be pregnant. I get to walk around without a big sign that says "DADDY TO BE" while it'll never leave her. I fucked everything up for her. She was sweet, pure and innocent before I had to come along and ruin her.

I've always thought she was different. She always had this aura around her that screamed perfection. The way she was shy but outgoing at times. Her smiles, her laugh. She thinks I don't remember her and that she was just another girl to me, but she's more.

She's the polar opposite of me, but I absolutely adore it. Now, because I don't know how to express myself, she's having my son.

I used my body to "impress" her, when all I needed to do was talk to her. I used my attitude and dominance as a way to try to make her fall for me. Did it work? No. Not at all. Instead, she hates me the most. She hates what I did to her.