one ↪ the lab

My head hurt badly, like someone had hit it with a hammer. I snapped my eyes open and looked around frantically before I forced them close again for the lighting being a little too much. What was that place? Where was I? I got up and held my head with both my hands, feeling extra dizzy and nauseous for being asleep for who knows how long.

    "Oh, hey, easy there" a soft voice spoke up as two warm hands pushed me back down. "You might want to lie down for a little more"

    "Okay" I barely whispered, my throat hoarse and dry.

    "I'm doctor Banner, you're currently in the infirmary of the new Stark tower. Do you remember what occurred to you?"

    I fought with all my strength to open my eyes and looked to my right, where doctor Banner was sitting on a desk chair. What I surely wasn't expecting was to find the actual Bruce Banner in front of me. Was I in some kind of weird dream? Alternate universe maybe? Dead?

    "Can you remember your name?" he asked.

    "Mae. It's Mae"

    "Good. That's a good sign" he shyly smiled. "Any memories of what happened to you?"

    I shook my head no. Empty, my mind was completely empty. Like my brain had started registering and collecting information just now.

    "I'm sorry for the mess. Our friend Peter is missing and everyone is a little hyped" Bruce apologized softly.

    "Parker?" I slowly asked, my heart beating way too fast at that point.

    Bruce widened his eyes confused. "No"

    "Quill?!"

    I stood up real quick. Real or not, I had to do something. Bruce softly sighed. "You might need to lie down for a little bit more"

    "I feel good" I calmly stated before stumbling to the door. "Crap. I do not"

    I squeezed my eyes shut, ready for the impact that never came. A pair of unfamiliar arms held me tight, preventing me from falling. A soft swish sound made me look up.

    "Again?" Bruce whined with another sigh. "You have two arms!"

    "Sorry!" the guy's voice sounded very apologetic and very young. "Sorry sorry sorry"

    I pulled away from the grip when I regained enough strength to stand on my own feet. "Thank you"

    I glanced up just to be met with Peter Parker's face. He softly smiled that cute smile and shyly caressed the back of his neck. "No problem"

    "How's this kid?" another voice spoke, but, this time, I knew exactly who it was. Hearing his voice after all that time, knowing that he was right there, alive and breathing.

    "She wants to help saving Quill" Bruce informed.

    Tony Stark's face went from confused to annoyed real quick. "That's not negotiable"

    "Mr. Stark, please" I tried to sound as confident as I could.

    "You two, go ahead" Tony demanded to Bruce and Peter, moving than his attention back on me. "You're coming with me"

    Mr. Stark stepped into one of the numerous rooms. I followed him closely and sat on one of the chairs when I saw him doing the same. "The only way you can help your friend is to stay here. Unless you have any hidden abilities we don't know of" he skeptically said.

    "No offense but, not everyone here has abilities" I stated, trying not to offend anyone.

    "List me at least one of them who doesn't" Tony crossed his arms over his chest.