Moving On

Back to Christians POV 🤷‍♀️

Samuel said yes to a second date.

He said yes.

I almost couldn't believe it when he agreed. I mean I thought I lost all my chances when he came over to my apartment and rejected me. He then filled me with hope once again right before he left claiming it was a date.

And now this?

This was a form of happiness I felt selfish to keep to myself. So I did what any jerk of a friend would do and rubbed it in everyone's face.

When I mean everyone, I mean everyone.

First it was Axel and Jackson. As far as I know nobody in the school knows I'm bi. I thought they might as well be the first.

"Hey man" I said as I strolled over to Jackson's locker. He sent me a large grin and I patted him on the back roughly, but in a friendly manner of course.

"Hey! Dude I feel like it's been forever" he complained. I just shrugged and made up some dumb excuse.

Axel sent me a happy look and greeted me. That boy is so proper it hurts. Jackson immediately went on some rant about this girl he hooked up with. He was so straight it was almost a little nauseating.

Axel was giving him this off look I couldn't quite decipher. When Jackson caught Axels eyes on him he sent him a confused look to which Axel only shrugged in response.

"Hey I've got a date tonight. Like my first official sorta date since I broke it off with Claire" I told them. Axel lit up in happiness, and to my surprise so did Jackson. I never knew Jackson was so fond of me but he seemed over the moon.

"Chris that's great! I'm so happy for you man, you deserve it after all that drama and shit with Claire. So who's the lucky girl?" He said. Should I lie? Nah, no point.

"Actually it's a boy" I said with a shrug. Axels eyes widened and they flicked over to Jackson's face who I avoided eye contact with.

"Oh...so you're gay?" Axel asked.

"Bi. I like both genders" I explained. Axel nodded and whispered a soft "that's cool".

Jackson on the other hand simply looked betrayed. He had this conflicting look in his eyes and fists tightened uncomfortably.

"Oh. But why?" He asked.

"What do you mean why? I just do" I snapped. His eyes widened a fraction.

"I'm not...mad or anything...I just, was curious as to why. No big deal" he mumbled before turning to leave with as little as a goodbye.

Axel watched him depart with this strained look in his eyes like he was desperate to chase after him.

"He's not in a bad mood because you like men Christian, it's something else going on in his life and he's not handling it very well" Axel told me. This pitying look in his eye.

"Didn't seem that way to me. The second I brought up my sexuality he gets butt-hurt. Sounds like homophobia if I'm being honest" I told him annoyed.

Axel nodded slowly as if considering my words.

"He's not actually homophobic. He's just...you'll understand some day I'm sure. Just know he isn't actually mad at you or anything" Axel pleaded. I just nodded in defeat.

I liked Jackson. I liked him a lot, despite him seeming like a jackass Jackson was genuinely a good person. It was just hidden. I've seen him take several hits for people, and I've seen him take the blame for others for so much shit that gives him a bad rep.