Someone Like Him

Samuel played the oddest music as we made our way to my apartment. I didn't really make a game plan or anything like that, all I know is he's coming over and the apartment is most likely a mess.

I felt almost embarrassed when Samuel asked me if I liked the music he was playing and I couldn't answer simply because at some point I zoned out and focused on freaking the fuck out.

When we began to get closer to my apartment Samuel finally broke the comfortable silence as the music softened.

"I always forget that you have your own apartment. It's convenient" he said.

"Yeah convenant for having uninterrupted sex that's for sure" the words escaped my lips before I could stop them.

I'm so fucking stupid.

Samuels face looked unreadable for a moment before he just snorted and began to laugh.

"True I guess" he said in between his laughter.

It seemed sort of forced.

It felt weird to watch Samuel laugh without the usual look of happiness in his eyes.

He was a virgin. I have to remember that he's probably a little uncomfortable hearing about my sex life, and also it's most likely a turn off. I don't want him to think I'm some sort of man whore.

Well in all honesty he probably already thinks that.

Shit. I hate knowing that Samuel knows I'm a shitty human being. It makes my stomach churn uncomfortably at the thought.

"You ready to head in?" He asked curiously as I sat still in my seat in the parking lot. I just nodded softly and exited the car.

"What's the game plan?" Samuel asked curiously. His eyes seemed to sparkle with happiness and intrigue.

God he was perfect.

"I think we could watch some movies and order something to be delivered" I offered.

He burst into a fit of excitement.

"Movies and food! Freaking perfect!" He cheered happily.

"You know, you don't curse very much" I told him thoughtfully.

I guess it fit his persona though.

He just shrugged casually. "Not my thing". Was what he said.

I can't help but agree. It isn't his thing at all.

We made our way towards my apartment as we chatted aimlessly about the oddest topics.

Unfortunately Jerry Cougar was leaning against his door with a cigar put between his lips.

Samuels eyes widened just a tad.

"He's attractive in a rugged kind of way" Samuel whispered to me. I felt a pang of jealousy but couldn't stop myself from agreeing. It was true after all.

"Jerry" I said.

"Christian" he replied back awfully sarcastic.

"What's up?" I asked. He shrugged and took a long drag of cigarette.

His eyes narrowed on Samuel before glinting mischievously.

"Who's the boy toy?" Jerry asked.

"Samuel. A friend from school" I informed him. I took a sort of protective stance in front of Samuel. Jerry of course noticed this.

"He's cute. Would fetch a high price" Jerry mused. My fists curled.

"High price?" Samuel asked curiously before glancing at me.