Visit

Anais' pov
I wake up and sat up but let out a groan. I touch my stomach and wince in pain. "That's right..." I said once I see the bandages.

I groan and slowly get up by myself. My grandmother was out, working. So I was all by myself in the lonely home.

I was used to being alone, I lived with my grandmother because I wanted to help. I always thought of finding my own home but...I get sidetracked.

"Maybe I should move out...once I heal." I say once I look at the bandages. I lean on the wall for support, "I can't do this." I groan and twirl my finger around, I started to float around. I hear barking from behind me. I turn around and see my German shepherd husky mix.

"Benito? Hey buddy." I look down as his tail wags around. "I know I know. I wanted to go to the garden, do you want to come with me?" I ask, he barks at me and I chuckle.

"Let's go then." I float my way to the garden outside, Benito followed me down the stairs, I thought grandmother left with him.

I sit down on the porch swing, I decided to maybe relax a bit, Benito laid down underneath the swing. There were flower pots around, I take a deep breath and smile.

I take out my book and start reading. After a while, Benitos ear perk up, he lift his head up and wags his tail.

"Hey, Anais! It's me, your ummm...doctor." Jensen waved awkwardly at me. I set my book down and wave him over, he opened the gate and walked towards me.

"I'm sorry to bother you. You're grandmother told me to make sure you're alright, but I see you're doing fine by yourself, I'll be on my way now." Jensen said, he turned around and was about to walk away.

"I-it'll be nice to have some company. As much as Benito has been fun to have around, I'd like to be able to talk to another human...Benito can't keep a conversation up." I smile as Jensen chuckled.

He sat down next to me on the porch swing. "How's your stomach?" He asked, I look down and shrug. "It hurts but I'm okay. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm alright, thank you." He responds, we sat there in awkward silence. "Could I have died? I mean...I didn't arrive in Heaven when I died...young. I went straight to hell..." I look down at Benito.

"No I don't think you would. Just because you went to Hell and are now an Angel didn't mean you would die. It was a mistake you went there, actually...erm...speak with God or Mary. I'm sure they know something I don't." I nod and we both continue talking about something else.

Jensen left after a few hours of talking and getting to know each other, I was left alone again. I look at my watch, 4:30 PM

"That was a very long talk..." I say as I look at Benito who was asleep. I sigh and get up, Benito wakes up and got up quickly. "It's okay! I'll be careful." I wave my hand at him.

He whines as he watched me walk to the door, I was clutching my stomach. "Why don't we go for a walk?" I ask him, he barked and wagged his tail, I chuckle.

I find my wheelchair and sit on it, I wheel myself to the door. I put my hand out, the door opens and Benito walked out and waited for me.

I go down the ramp that was made for me. Then go and open the gate with my power again. We walked around the neighborhood, everyone waved as we walked by.

Jensen seems nice, I know some angels can be mean sometimes and not 'pure'....maybe he's different?

I hope so.

I remember every angel looking at me differently when I first arrived.