Secret

Request by ITreddie (guest, Fanfiction.net)

it's kinda short ok

Thank you so much for 21k!!!!! Love you all ❤

TW: homophobic slurs, Richie being a dumb

Disclaimer: I don't own IT.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Pennywise turned it's head around to face Richie, seemingly towering over the young boy. The creepy smile on IT's face stretched too far across, appearing to rip the flesh on the inside of the clown.

"Hey! Clown! Over here!" Bev screamed, catching Pennywise's attention. "I'm not afraid of you!" The smile on IT's face disappeared.

"I-I'm not a-afraid of yuh-yuh-you!" Bill yelled, catching on.

"I'm not afraid of you!"

"You don't scare me!"

"I'm not scared of you!"

"I'm not afraid!"

Pennywise howled with anger, seething at the seven kids hurling words at it. IT turned back to Richie, smiling evilly again.

"Rrrrriiiiiiiiccccccchhhhhhhiiiiiieeeeeee," IT called, voice echoing off the walls. "What about your little secret, hmm?" Pennywise's voice was jerky, its tone swaying back and forth. The rest of the losers looked over at the curly-haired Trashmouth curiously. Richie had gone considerably pale.

"Richie?" Eddie's voice had a sharp edge to it. "What is it talking about? What secret?"

"Oh? You haven't told them?" An expression of pure glee was etched into the clown's face, his sharp rows of teeth creating an unnerving view. "Tell them, tell them!" Pennywise screamed, quickly grabbing Richie and prying open his jaw. "Go on. Once you tell them your secret, they won't want you anymore."

"Richie?" Eddie sounded small, concerned, even. The curly-haired boy had screwed his eyes shut, muttering under his breath. A few tears leaked from his eyes, worrying the smaller boy. "Rich?"

"Tell them," IT growled forcefully. Richie cried out, trying to twist himself out of the clown's iron grip. Pennywise's arms just tighten around him, the same manic smile on his face.

"I- I'm..."

"Spit it out!"

"I'm gay!" Richie sobbed. IT laughed maniacally, forcing its jaw open to reveal the rows of pointy teeth inside.

"They hate you. You're disgusting, why would they ever want a faggot like you? It's a good thing you're going to die," Pennywise commented.

"I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!" Eddie screamed, much to Richie and Pennywise's surprise. The grin dropped off of the clown's face. "I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!"

"You're not scary!"

"I'm not afraid!"

"You don't scare me!"

"I'm not scared!"

IT howled, shrinking away. It dropped Richie to the ground, running into the sewer pipe. Pennywise was gone now, and the losers had all escaped with their lives. Eddie was the first to run over to Richie's side, to make sure the curly-haired boy was ok.

"Richie?" Eddie's brown eyes met with Richie's, words gone unspoken between them.

"Hey Eds," he replied sadly. "I guess everyone knows now, don't they? It's ok, you don't have to pretend to care." Eddie looked confused.

"I'm not pretending, Rich. I do care about you."

"But... you know my horrible secret. I'm gay," Richie spat the word like it was a curse, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Richie." Eddie gently brushed the curls off of the other boy's face, cupping his chin. "I don't care that you're gay. In fact... I know someone else who's gay."

"Who?" Richie questioned.

"Me, dumbass." The smaller boy pressed his lips against Richie's, catching the Trashmouth by surprise. When they separated, the older boy's eyes were blown wide.

"Eddie..." He whispered breathlessly. "You- you're gay?" Eddie scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"No Richie, I'm straight." Richie frowned, and Eddie gave palmed. "Of course I'm gay! I literally just kissed you on the lips!"

"Oh yeah." Richie nodded. "So you're not mad?" Eddie groaned.

"No, dumbass, I'm not mad," he huffed. "I kissed you..." The smaller boy seemed to regret his actions, and Richie picked up on it.

"Just checking. Oh, and Eds?" Eddie turned back to face him, and Richie pressed his lips to the smaller boy's for the second time that day. "Thank you." The younger boy blushed red with embarrassment, awkwardly trying to hide his face. "You're adorable when you're blushing."

"Richieeeeeee!" Eddie whined. The curly-haired boy grinned happily.

"You know you love it."

that was literally so bad I'm sorry

If you enjoyed this one shot, you'll like Dirty Little Secret, which is basically this but longer, cuter, more angsty, and without Pennywise

Go read my original story, Burnt Sienna! Wattpad exclusive!!!!!! It's a lesbian romance ;)