Drizzling 20

Hi!  You can express your thoughts about my story by messaging or tagging me on my socials!  I would love to know your thoughts!

Wattpad: @yjcollins_
Facebook: Jade Collins 
Twitter: @YJCollins_
Instagram: yjcollins_

+++

Everyone can be brave; not until fear was in front of you.

I was really nervous the next day. Fortunately, our professor was out in an event, so we didn't have classes that day. I decided to never went out of the unit, so I don't have the chance to see Zyle.

Gosh, I was really regretting doing that letter!

I sighed.

I wonder how Zyle would react. Will he ignore me? Or will he still treat me the way he treated me before? Will something change between us? Will he care less?

My heart sank just by the thought.

What if hindi niya na ako kausapin? Paano kung maputol na talaga kung ano man 'yung meron kami?

I shook my head and eat my lunch again. This overthinking was draining my time. Instead of being productive because finals were near, Here I am, staring into nothingness, thinking of the effect my letter will do.

I think of the times I'm with Zyle. What if it'll be the last?

I leaned on my chair; appetite ruined.

So suddenly, the kissed we shared flashed into my head. I bit my lip at the memory of our lips touched. He really responded to my kisses that day... and we never really talked about that after. I just distanced myself to him and discovered that he did the same.

Sinabi niya lang na ayaw niyang hindi ako komportable pero nakita ko siya isang beses na umikot sa paglalakad ng nasa tapat ako ng locker at kumukuha ng gamit.

Then the memory of what he said on the hospital came back...

I shook my head and collected the dishes I used and placed it on the sink to wash it.

"C'mon Cass. Expectation leads to disappointment. Don't go there," I told myself and started to get the sponge and wash the dishes.

And just like that, I stayed on my room the whole day while Terrence was at the university.

When night came, I noticed that Terrence keep on looking at me as if he wanted to ask me about something but decided not to. When it started to bother me, I asked him what his problem was.

Umiling lang ito.

I looked at him weirdly, but I think to avoid the topic, he immediately went to his room even it was still early.

The moment he entered his room, I knew already that something was wrong.

+++

Another day came. I was really nervous when our class ends. Pagkalabas ko pa lang ay nakita ko na agad si Terrence. Look like someone was dismissed early. Usually, siya ang huli sa amin.

"Zyle?" I asked him, tensed. Normally, Zyle was the one having the most flexible time to the three of us. Kaya siya lagi 'yung madalas maghintay sa aming tatlo.

"He's absent."

I shouldn't feel relaxed by his absence, but I did. I felt like finally air can circulate on my lungs fine knowing that I won't see Zyle for a day. But still, a part of me still want to see him.

And, really Cass, how long do you think you can avoid him?

"He's sick? Or lazy to go to the university?" I asked as we walk to the parking lot.