Chapter 9

Rachel's pov
"And that's my whole story."I finished my story,everyone was shocked.i nervously began to swear as I waited for a response,"Why didn't you tell us you were living in a tent?"Letty was the first one to speak.

"why didn't you tell me your dad was the one that burnt your arm?i would've kicked his ass."

"I didn't want to cause any trouble,I just wanted to survive.but on the bright side I have great friends!plus I live with Brian now,I haven't slept on a bed for a year now."

"So you lied to us?"Vince asked,"I-I-"Jesse cut me off."She was probably trying to protect us,didn't you hear her?she didn't want to cause any trouble."he said to Vince,"but she still could've told us!"Vince yelled.I yelped,my eyes widened.i immediately covered my ears,"Vince stop it!you're triggering her trauma!"Mia said.she immediately hugged me,I tried to hold back my tears but it was too late."I-I'm not a bad kid,I'm-I'm not a b-ba-bad kid,I-I-I-"I repeated over and over again,"Shh,shh,it's ok Rachel."Brian said.he lifted me up and took me inside,he placed me down on the couch."Rachel,look at me."he said,holding my hands.i was shaking,I sniffed."You're not a bad kid,ok?"he said,he wiped my tears."I promise that I'll protect you,I won't ever leave you."he said,"promise?"I asked.he hugged me tightly,"I promise."he said.