Chapter Eleven

The seven kids arrived at Ben's two story light blue house and dropped their bikes.

Ben rushed into the house first, Carrie had no idea why he did though.

Beverly and Carrie walked in together, talking to each other with Bill and the rest following.

Soon the seven kids made it into the Hanscom's bedroom.

It was filled with clippings, missing kids papers, and other historical events. Carrie felt uneasy being in the room, but brushed the feeling away.

"Woah, woah, woah. Wow."Richie said when he first walked into the room, adjusting his glasses over his brown eyes.

"Cool, huh."Ben said in the corner, with his arms crossed.

Carrie walked over towards where he was standing and looked around at the walls to see what was all there.

"No, no, nothing cool. There's nothing cool."Richie said walking up beside Carrie to look at the walls with her.

Carrie smacked Richie lightly on the arm at his rudeness.

"Dont be so rude, Rich."Carrie said, Bill looked over at the two and rolled his eyes.

He thought that something was going on between them, but Carrie said that she only saw him as a friend.

Maybe she lied to him about it. Maybe she just didn't want to tell him the truth.

He didn't want to think that about Richie and Carrie. He didn't want to think that she lied to him, and that she liked Richie.

He didn't want to think that his long time crush was crushing on one of his best friends, but the negative thoughts slowly started to creep in.

Why would she lie to me?

Did she try to deny it so that it wouldn't hurt his feelings?

Was she embarrassed to tell him?

Did she think that he wouldn't approve of her likes and dislikes?

All these thoughts swarmed around Bill's head, but he shook his head and focused on the main topic at hand.

"Oh this is cool, right here. Oh right, no its not. It's not cool."Eddie said pointing at something, but quickly shakes his head.

Carrie shot Eddie a glare, he widened his eyes before turning away from Carrie.

"Don't judge people for their likes and dislikes, Edward."Carrie said, before turning and looking at the walls again.

"What's that?"Stanley asked, pointing at the wall.

"Oh, that's... that's the charter for Derry township."Ben replied, smiling proudly at his work, and happy that his friends seemed interested about it.

"Nerd Alert."Richie called out, adjusting his glasses again, looking at Stanley and Eddie.

"No actually it's really interesting. Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp."Ben said, unfazed by Richie's comments.

"Still is, am I right, boys."Richie said putting up his hand towards Eddie and Stanley.

Stanley shook his head and Carrie put his hand down back to its side.

Bill noticed and grew angry at the gesture.

"91 people signed the charter that made Derry, but later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace."Ben explained, Carrie grew even more uneasy after hearing that.