Chapter Eight

We arrived at the barrens, shortly after meeting up with Stanley, since he had to practice for his upcoming Bar Mitzvah.

Carrie and the rest dropped there bikes on the ground near the sewers before heading towards the sewers.

"That's poison ivy...and that's poison ivy...and that's poison ivy."Stanley spoke to Eddie, who asked him to check.

"Wh-wheres the poison ivy?"Eddie questioned, obviously freaked out by the situation.

"Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley."Richie exclaimed, rolling his eyes, Carrie could feel that Stanley had rolled his as well.

Carrie rolled her eyes when she heard it. She frankly didn't believe that there was any poison ivy around them.

She pulled out her flashlight from her backpack, and headed straight into the disgusting water, with Bill and Richie following her.

She wrinkled her nose at the horrid smell once walking in and the squeakyness coming from her shoes.

"Ok. I'm starting to get itchy now, and I'm pretty sure that's not good for me."Eddie rambled on before Richie cut him off.

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"Richie asked.

"Sometimes, yeah."Eddie replied.

"Then you probably have crabs."Richie joked, pushing his glasses back over his eyes.

Carrie, again, rolled her eyes at the two boys before searching around the water with her flashlight, in hope of finding something useful.

"That's so not funny."Eddie exclaimed at Richie.

Richie turned around and looked at the remaining boys, who decided not to come in.

"Aren't you guys coming in?"He questioned.

"Uh-uh it's grey water."Eddie said, pointing down at the water in disgust.

"What the hell is grey water?"Richie said, shaking his head.

"Its basically piss and shit, so I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee."He explained further.

Richie picked up a dirty stick out from the water, Carrie wrinkled her nose.

"W-what are-are you serious!What are you doing?"Eddie said.

Carrie ignored the rest of the two bickering boys and searched for anything in the sewer water.

She spotted something in the water, and slowly made her way into that direction.

She carefully kneeled down and pulled out the object, to find out that it's a dirty sneaker.

She felt a chill run down her back, as she stared down at it with wide eyes.

"Bill."Carrie said shakily.

Bill turned in her direction and looked down at her hands.

He moved over towards her and took the shoe from her shaking hands before flashing light over it.

Carrie could hear the other boys still bickering behind her.

"Guys!"She stopped the bickering between the boys and silence grew between the five kids.

All eyes landed on the sneaker that layed in Bill's palms.

"Shit, don't tell me that's..."Stanley broke the silence, but he couldn't finish his sentence.

"No, G-G-Georgie wore g-galoshes."Bill replied to the unfinished question.

All eyes turned to Carrie.