Chapter Eighteen

Caroline woke up the next morning, bright and early. She got out of bed, and changed into some shorts, a white shirt and a blue flannel over it.

She hurriedly brushed her hair and teeth, before sliding down her staircase and into the kitchen to grab a banana for breakfast.

She sat at the island table, and hurriedly ate the banana, before throwing the peel away in the garbage can.

She grabbed her key from out of the key bowl on the counter before walking to the front door.

She slipped on her white converse, then she opened and slammed the door shut afterward, not caring if her parents were there or not.

She locked the door before slipping her key in her pocket, then she dragged her bike up to the street before sliding onto it.

And with the push of her foot she started cycling down the street.

Her hair was blowing in the wind, and with a huge grin, she picked up the speed.

She soon met up with Beverly along the way, and the two raced down the road together, and soon they made it to the fairgrounds.

The two got off their bikes and began walking the rest of the way.

"How have you been?"Beverly asked the blonde, turning her head to look at her.

Caroline glanced at Beverly, before looking straight ahead, and shrugging her shoulder.

"I've been fine."She replied, although Beverly didn't really believe her, she dropped it anyway.

The two then saw up ahead the rest of the group near an empty alleyway. The two walked up and dropped their bikes to the ground before Caroline stood in between Bill and Stanley, and Beverly between Ben and Mike.

"What's going on?"Caroline asked Bill, who glanced at a missing kid's poster before looking at her.

"It's a-a-another m-missing kid."Bill replied, looking at Caroline sadly.

Caroline put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him, and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"We'll find them."She whispered to him.

He nodded, then sighed at the poster.

"They said they found part of his hand all chewed near the Standpipe."Stanley spoke up, gazing at the poster.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once."Ben said sadly.

Bill walked up to the poster and pulled up the Ed Corcoran's poster and revealed Betty Ripsom's poster underneath.

"It's like she's been f-f-f-f-forgotten since Corcoran's missing."Bill said, as he looked around at his friends.

"What are you guys talking about?"Eddie asked, as he walked up to the group with two ice cream cones in his hands.

"What they always talk about."Richie answered him, walking up beside him after playing one of the band members instruments.

He grabbed one of the cones out of Eddie's hands.

"I actually think it will end. For a little while, at least."Ben said.

"What do you mean?"Caroline and Beverly asked at the same time before glancing at each other.

"So I was going over all my Derry research,"Ben began, then crossed his arms."And I charted out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, The Bradley Gang in '35, and The Black Spot in '62. And now kids being... I realized this seems to happen-"Ben droned on, but got cut off by Caroline and Bill.