Chapter Sixteen

Bill and Caroline sat on the girl's bed in silence. After the rock fight and Bill helping Caroline fix her wound on her shoulder, they sat down on the bed side by side in silence.

Caroline, who wasn't liking the silence turned towards Bill, and watched him closely.

He sat there, looking off at the wall, in his thoughts.

Sometimes Carrie wished that she could read his thoughts, to her it's hard to read what Bill was thinking most of the time.

She was worried for the boy, because all the drama that had already hit them, she knew it wasn't even close to ending.

She was worried for his safety, and their friends safety, so she knew she had to protect them, no matter what.

Feeling eyes on him, Bill tilted his head in her direction, to find her watching him closely.

Noticing Bill's movements Caroline's quickly diverted her eyes to look in front of her. She didn't want to be caught staring, because she would think that he would be all weirded out by it.

She could feel the crimson color beginning to flush upon her face, although she tried not to, it was hard not to blush.

Bill, however, thought it was cute to see her all red and flushed, which he chuckled at.

She snapped her head in his direction, surprised at the noise, flowing from his plump lips. She smiled to herself, proud that she could make him laugh.

But she also wondered.

What was so funny?

She turned to him, to see him already looking at her, with a small smile and she thought she saw a little bit of pink on his cheeks, but she pushed that to the side.

There's no way he was blushing because of her! No way!

"What's so funny?!"She asked him, cracking her knuckles in thought.

"You t-turning pink for o-one."Bill replied, shaking his head with a smile.

She blushed harder when she heard that, she didn't want to get caught but he saw it and she knew it.

"Shut it."Caroline said, pointing a finger in his direction.

Bill just shook his head at her red face, and smiled at her embarrassing herself.

He thought that it was adorable to see her getting all red and awkward around him.

But he wondered.

Why was she getting so red? No? She doesn't like him! Get that idea out of your head, right now! Blushing is a natural thing to do. Yeah that was why she was all red.

But he had to ask her something. He had to!

"C-Caroline."He said, turning on his side to look at her.

She hummed in reply while continuing on reading her book, Twilight, that she had gotten addicted to.

"Are y-you ever going to t-tel me w-who you l-like?"He blurted out.

He could see that she tensed at the unexpected question, but she gulped and set her book down in her lap, and shot a glance at Bill.

"You can ask me questions, but not who it is, deal?"Carrie said holding out her hand towards him.

He immediately nodded and shook her hand.

"How l-long have y-you known h-him?"He asked.

"Since, like the first grade."Carrie said, thinking back to the day that her and Bill first met.