Chapter Twenty-Three

Bill woke up early the next morning, determined, and afraid of what the outcome would be at going to Carrie's house.

It would either go perfectly fine, or turn for the worst, and Bill was hoping it would be fine.

He needed to know, why his best friend distanced herself from himself. He wondered if it was what Richie had blurted to the group.

Was Richie lying when he shouted it out?

No, no he couldn't be, otherwise Beverly told him that she liked him, maybe one of them was lying.

Bill was still battling in his mind of all the solutions as to why she had been distancing herself from him.

Did she hate him?

Was she angry at him?

Did she not what to be his best friend anymore?

He couldn't help but tense up at the thought of losing his best friend over that stupid fucking fight on the street.

He had to figure it all out, and only one person could tell him the truth, and he wasn't sure if she would talk to him. He was hoping she would.

And with that he got up from his bed, grabbed a black and red flannel, jean shorts, and his dirty white converse. He pulled all that on, before hurrying down his staircase and out the front door.

\\\\

He dropped his bike with a huge clanging sound and looked up at the medium sized house with a heavy breath.

The only thing he could think of was all the negative that could go wrong with doing what he was doing, but he has to know what happened.

Knowing his best friend, even after any fight that happens between the group she would always stay next to him to talk.

She wouldn't leave him in the middle of the street by himself. She wouldn't leave him in his empty, dark house by himself. She wouldn't leave him alone anywhere.

So, what makes this fight any different.

He was about to find out.

With a crack of the knuckles, he started up the sidewalk to the house, with confidence, and fear, but it didn't show.

He banged on the front door, before he backed up a few steps, and waited.

The anxiety began forming in his body, when he heard the door creak open. And to his surprise her mother stood in front of the door, looking annoyed and tired.

"Oh, it's you!"She spat, looking him up and down, bored.

"Hello, M-Mrs. Forbes."He said politely. A small smile formed on his face, trying to be nice to the woman, although she wasn't the nicest person to talk to.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm guessing your hear for that child of mine. She's upstairs."She pushed the door open wider for him, before turning around heading up the stairs.

He sighed heavily as he took a step into the house. He shut the door and turned around and took a look up the stairs.

He was nervous, yes, but he didn't want to seem as if he was having an anxiety attack. He was scared of what she had to say and her reaction.

So with that he started up the stairs and stood in front of her open bedroom door. There she sat a book in hand and laying indian style on her bed.

He was blown away everytime he was in her presence. With her golden blonde hair, bright baby blue eyes, and glowing skin.

He honestly didn't know how someone like her, could ever like someone like him. She was the beauty in the room, and he was the geek on earth.