the fluid ain't to blame, for the sugar coated pain

We head into the main hall of the mansion and I'm captivated by how big the place is. Since this is California, it must be so expensive to live here. The hall is lined with YouTube play buttons that must be from the residents' channels. Past the hallway, we reach the kitchen where there are no less than five kegs, amongst various alcoholic drinks. 

The YouTuber that Michael knew, who I have learned is named CJ, begins to talk. "I know we're all under 21 in this house, but I got the hook up. Feel free to have whatever you want! Don't worry, you won't get caught. We paid the cops off already."

Lia and I catch each other's eye, and share a look of excitement. I know I said earlier that I was hoping it wasn't gonna be too crazy, but now that I'm here, it feels like the experience of a lifetime. 

Calum, who is standing beside me, squeezes my hand and says, "We're gonna go and start to set up now. I want us to have time to hang out before we have to perform!"

"Yeah, me too. I'm gonna walk around with Lia I guess, and try to process all of this."

"I know it's crazy, right? I'll see you in a bit, Supernova," Calum says, winking at me. And with that, the boys all walk back outside to set up for the performance.

Now I'm alone with Lia, since Maisy and Evie went off on their own a while back. Thank God I didn't have to be around Maisy right now. 

"So," Lia says, eyeing all the alcohol, "Should we, uh..."

"Yes," I say quick, wanting to escape my reality. Even if it took 50 proof vodka. Within minutes, Lia and I have downed two cups of the vodka and strawberry lemonade each, and I was definitely feeling drunk. We start to giggle and begin wandering the halls, exploring the mansion. It was probably not the best idea, but our decision making skills were very impaired. 

After a while, we ended up stumbling upon a movie theater. No one was inside, but we decided to barge in anyway and take a seat. 

"Okay. So. I... gotta tell you something," I say, slurring my words. "So. The other day. Night. I like kissed Maisy. In her dorm room. It was fun, but like, Calum and me are maybe dating, I don't know."

"Whoaaaa," Lia says, obviously slurring her words too. "Well I guess if we're confessing stuff..." She begins to uncontrollably laugh.

"Whaaaat? Tell me Liiiia!"

"Well. We kissed, too."

"Huh? You and Maisy?"

"No dummy! Me and Cal!"

Suddenly, all the emotion clears from my face, and my brain becomes sober. "You WHAT?" I say.

"Geez, calm down. It was like, waaaay before you started talking to him. Like a month ago." Lia was clearly drunk beyond rationality, and she wasn't understanding the gravity of the situation. Before I can think, tears start to well up in my eyes, and I feel anger in my chest.

"Fuck you, bathtub bitch." I storm out of the theater, and try to make my way outside, but I become lost in the many halls of the house. I eventually end up in the kitchen, when I feel the sudden urge to throw up. Unfortunately, CJ was in my line of fire, and took most of the hit on his Gucci shoes. 

"Sorry," I attempt to say, but the vomit just keeps coming. 

"Fuck!" CJ yells, "I just got these last week on Rodeo Drive!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Calum running towards me. "Nova! What happened? Are you okay?"

"Shut the fuck up, you lying asshole! Why didn't you tell me you kissed Lia?"

"Oh God. Did she tell you that? It was literally just for a second during truth or dare. It didn't mean anything, and it was before we even really knew each other."

"Yeah, but it's the principle of it. You or her should have told me before now!"

CJ speaks up, "Uh, guys? Can we focus on the real issue here? My Gucci slides are covered in vomit! They were $200!"

"Shut up CJ!" we yell in unison, then focus back on each other. 

"Listen," Calum says, "You're obviously drunk right now, and I'd rather have this conversation when we're both sober. Here, take my flannel and go change your shirt. You can't be comfortable with all the vomit on you." 

I look down and cringe. God, the situation was so embarrassing. Reluctantly, I take his flannel and find the nearest bathroom. When I flick the light on, I scream. There are two people in the shower having sex. 

"Sorry," they mumble as they grab their things and run out the door. 

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I think I just hit rock bottom.