the darkest night never felt so bright with you by my side

Friday flies by, and before I know it, it's Saturday morning, the day of the double date. Both Lia and Luke were excited, and I was very optimistic for them. I really hoped Lia would want to stay with me for summer classes. We start getting ready and put on some fancy outfits. Since we're going to the observatory, we want to look more professional than usual. That means no Vans or Converse, which I am so sad about. Whatever, I'll get over it. I decide to wear a black off the shoulder shirt with high waisted jeans and tan sandals. Lia was wearing a beige tank top and a houndstooth skirt. She had a tan corduroy jacket and black Oxford shoes. 

We meet the guys downstairs and pile into Calum's car. Right away, he compliments my outfit and I blush. Luke does the same for Lia. On the inside, I'm happy because I have a good feeling about them. 

It's only supposed to be a ten minute drive, but LA traffic is crazy and it ends up taking about forty-five. I don't mind though because it means I get to sit next to Calum that much longer. 

We finally make it to the observatory and buy our tickets. Graciously, the boys buy our tickets for us, even though we protest. 

"Thank you so much!" I say to Calum. In response, he just grabs my hand and doesn't let go as we begin to walk around.  The building is absolutely stunning. There are models of the planets hung from the ceiling. The walls look like galaxies and I'm immediately transfixed. Calum notices how entranced I am and jokes, "Maybe you should've majored in astronomy."

"But then I wouldn't be at our school and I wouldn't have met you." 

He squeezes my hand and I look up at him. He looks like he wants to kiss me, but I'm glad he doesn't because I would feel too awkward around Lia and Luke. Fortunately, he reads my mind and says, "Hey, guys. How about we split up and meet back here in a bit?"

"Yeah, sounds good. See you in a while," Luke replies, winking at Calum. 

Calum and I walk around some more, when we stumble upon a theater that has a showing in five minutes. We don't know what is playing, but decide to go in and watch. Moments later, the room goes dark, and a video begins playing. "Darkness," a voice booms as I jump in my seat. Calum immediately grabs my arm to calm me. I laugh when I realize it's just the movie. 

"Light." The screen flashes bright white, hurting my eyes. Once my eyes adjust to the light, I realize what I am seeing. It's a supernova. The narrator begins talking about supernovas, and I realize that's what the whole movie is about. Once Calum realizes this too, he whispers in my ear, "Maybe that can be your nickname, huh. Supernova?" 

I roll my eyes. "Is it still a nickname if it's two more syllables than my actual name?" But I squeeze his hand. I secretly love it. 

Once the movie finishes, we meet back up with Lia and Luke. Immediately, Lia gives me a look and says, "Hey, you wanna go to the bathroom?"

I know this means she has some tea to spill. I nod and we split up from the boys to find the ladies' room. 

"Guess what happened?" she whispers to me. 

"Did you meet an alien?"

"No, dumbass. Luke kissed me! Beneath Uranus!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You know, Uranus. The planet? On the ceiling?"

"Oh, right! Nevermind... Damn, you got kissed under Uranus. Better than a dumpster." We laugh. 

"So does that mean you'll stay here for the summer?" I ask.

"I think so!" We hug and head back to the guys. I was so glad that things were working out for her. 

"Ready to head out then?" Calum asks.

As we head to his car, I take in the beautiful scenery and mountains. I was so grateful to be going to school here in Los Angeles, and I was so excited to be spending the summer here as well.