drive this car through the drive thru please

"What are you talking about? Of course not..." I say back, a little too fast. 

"It just seems like something odd happened with Maisy. You were both acting weird. Did you guys fight?" Calum asks.

"Yeah," I bluff. "Just some disagreements about... who is bringing the mini fridge."

"Are you sure? You can talk to me about it, you know. If there's anything more."

"No, it's all good. We'll be fine."

We head back to my old dorm and grab the last of the boxes. We spend the next hour or so setting up my side of the room. There is a stark contrast between the two halves, as Maisy has loads of musical posters and playbills hung up. I have a picture of me and Lia and a Panic! at the Disco flag from their tour. When we are satisfied with our work, we hop on the bed and take a moment to rest. Maisy went out for dinner about fifteen minutes ago so we were alone. 

"We're gonna spend the night together again right?" Calum asks.

"Of course. I won't see you for a whole week! Let's get some food though, unpacking is making me hungry."

We head out the door and decide to go to In-N-Out. There is one not too far off campus so we walk there. 

"Hey Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"I have something I need to tell you."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just... have never been to In-N-Out."

He laughs, "Oh my god, Nova. Me and the boys came here so many times at like 1 am last year."

"Is that where you wrote all your hit songs? Is 'She Looks So Perfect' actually written about a cheeseburger?"

"Yeah, you caught us. It was a great burger, lemme tell you."

We make it to the restaurant and order our food and sit down. A few minutes later, they call our number and Calum gets up and gets the tray. 

"Mmm," I say when I see the burger. "That actually looks really good."

"I promise it is."

I take a bite and it's confirmed: In-N-Out lives up to the hype.

We finish the food quickly and begin our journey to Calum's place. He warns me that the boys are all probably back, so we won't get much alone time. After last night, I'm okay with that.

Once we get up to the dorm, my first sight is Ashton chilling on the couch.

"How was the Lil Nas X concert?" I ask.

"It was dope! He rapped about being gay or something and I really felt understood. I mean, it was cool or whatever."

"That's nice," I comment, confused but happy for him. 

He's the only one in the common area, but I can hear Michael jamming on his guitar in his room and Luke on the phone with someone. 

Calum and I walk to his room and shut the door and drop onto the bean bag. 

"So what do you wanna do?" he asks.

"Honestly, it's been a long day for me. Maybe we could just watch a movie?"

"Sounds good to me! But..."                

"But what?"

"I better be big spoon."

I smile. At least tonight I can enjoy myself.