Chapter 35

Author's note:

                Please play Take a chance on me by Marion Aunor while reading this chapter.
_______________________________

I was in the middle of the meeting when Cassiopeia's brother, called me.

I need to excuse myself because it seems so urgent, he already had 6 missed calls.

"Sorry to interrupt the meeting but, I need to excuse myself to answer an important call. You may proceed." I politely said to my employers.

Then I went outside to answer the Call.

"Hello bro? Why are you calling? Is everything's alright?"

"Rigel w-wala na si Kc, wala na ang kapatid ko." His voice broke and I can hear his sobs.

"W-what do you mean? I can't understand you." I was so confused.

"Patay na si Kc, Rigel. Nawalan ng preno 'yung bus na kasalubong niya sa Magnetic Hill sa Tanay kaya sumalpok sa kotse niya."

"No! No! No! That's not true! I was with her yesterday, she texted me also before she went to Laguna." My tears started to fall, I felt so weak and I couldn't walk.

"Cassiopeia is currently at the hospital nearest the crash site. Nasa Army Station Hospital siya sa Camp General Mateo Capinpin. Dinala siya doon ng mga nakasaksi sa aksidente. The doctor tried to revived her, pero walang response. Rigel wala na si Kc, wala na ang kapatid ko, wala na ang p-prinsesa ko." He cried so loud, I can sense the pain that he's feeling right now, because just like him I'm also tormented.

My knees get weak after I ended the call.

"Sir are you okay?" My employer asked.

"Do I look like fucking okay to you?" I raised my voice.

"No Sir, I'm sorry if I asked you." nahihiyang paumanhin niya.

I just ignored him, then I walked through the parking lot.

I can feel my knees getting weaker while I'm walking through the parking lot.

When I reached my car, I get inside then I checked my phone immediately.

From Cassiopeia:

I'm leaving now, I love you so much Rigel.

To Cassiopeia:

Take care Cass, I love you so much more. Text me when you get home safely.

From Cassiopeia:

I will, see you later.

If I only knew that you'll die today, I will never be satisfied with the last conversation that we had.

All my life, I will regret this day. The day that the love of my life has been taken away by an accident. If I just come along with her on the way to Laguna, maybe it wouldn't happened to her.

You know what's really hurts me the most? When she said that she will back safely, but she never did.

If I only knew that night is our last night together, I will give her the tightest and warmest hug, and I will never let her go.

I drive as fast as I could, because I want to see Cassiopeia, I wanted to see her alive, but she's already gone.

When I finally arrived at the Army Station Hospital. I didn't go inside, because I don't have enough strength to see the love of my life laying on the hospital bed and not breathing anymore.

I was just walking around, wondering why all of this things are happening to me. Now I only have myself, I don't have my parents anymore and Cassiopeia leave me so soon.