Chapter 12 ~ Ohgiminami High

AKIKO PANTED, leaning on the entrance of the gym for a quick breather. God, I hope I'm not late!

Michimiya spotted her and rushed over with Sasaki's shirt in hand.

"Here, the guys haven't finished their match yet you should be able to watch them still."

Akiko nodded and ran past Michimiya to the court, shouting a quick goodbye to her. She made it to the bench area, panting, resting her hands on her knees.

"Akiko San, you made it!" Ennoshita smiled at her and handed her a water bottle. "Thanks, Ennoshita."

It seemed the team was resting, the scoreboard was set to 0 - 0 set #2. She'd missed the first set entirely. "Hey, Ennoshita, did you guys win the first set?"

"Yeah, 16 to 25."

"Good--" She was interruped by the captain of Ohgiminami's sudden shout. "We're going to beat Karasuno!" All eyes were set on him. "We're going to get through prelims! We're going to fight Shiratorizawa!"

Akiko made her way closer to Ohgiminami's captain, inspecting his team. Eventually, she stood next to Tsukishima, slinging an arm around his shoulder.

"Oh, you made it." He said nonchalantly.

"Did you trip?"

"Yeah." She said, her eyes still trained on Ohgiminami. "A few times, but I didn't fall."

"Tch, I knew it." That made her gaze snap towards Tsukki and away from Ohgiminami. "Jeez, do you not have faith in me?"

Tsukki rolled his eyes, looking at Tanaka as he moved closer to their team. "No, not really."

Akiko huffed, also looking at Tanaka.

"Challenge Accepted!"

Karasuno 21 - 13 Ohgiminami

Set #2

"Alright!"

Hinata had just scored a point, and Karasuno was in the lead by 9 points. It was clear that Karasuno was going to win, and even with that small boost of confidence Ohgiminami had from their captain, they were losing.

What was that about beating Karasuno?

22 - 13

The next point was also Karasuno's, thanks to a back attack from Asahi with Hinata as a decoy.

23 - 13

Ohgiminami was tense and clearly tired, as evidenced by Libero failing to receive Kageyama's third jump serve, which they'd received two times in a row before this one.

"Nice serve, Kageyama!"

24 - 13

Kageyama jump served once again, the libero shanked the receive once again and the ball flew high over the captain and a few other players. It seemed like it was going to go out.

Except their captain ran fast and over to the ball receiving it before crashing into a cooler and some bottles. "Connect and finish it!" He shouted.

Their libero ran over and just so managed to get it over then net, but barely over it, so Nishinoya almost couldn't receive it. He dive received the ball and sent it to Hinata, who received it and got it up for Tanaka to spike.

Two blockers jumped up with him, but Tanaka managed to evade them and cross spike, but their libero received it.

"Damn! It's not over yet!" Damn, they're quite persistent.

I'm not even on the court and I haven't played today, even, but I feel motivated just looking from the side-lines.

Their setter tossed to their captain, who was going to be blocked by Hinata.. if he wasn't so short. Their captain spiked the ball right into Asahi's receive and then Hinata bolted in a flash to the other side of the court, ready to spike.

A blocker jumped up with Hinata but he failed to block his spike, earning Karasuno their match point.

Both teams lined up on opposite sides of the court, bowing, and saying "Thank you very much!"

Wait, god, I gotta rush to the girls to play.. a game. Holy shit, I'm going to play a game! Yes!

Once they got outside of the court, she quickly pecked Kei on the cheek and bid goodbye and a good luck to the team.

On her way to the girl's bathroom she ran past another entrance to the court, in her peripheral, she saw a giant guy blocking alongside his team. She stopped, doing a double take.

Wow.. he's like two meters tall. Thank god I'm not facing that guy.

Before continuing to run, she sighed, fist bumping the air.

Here we go.