chapter twenty nine

Tyler adds Scarlett on Facebook, but doesn't hear back from her just yet. He's at home, having snuck upstairs to his room to get changed before Shouto saw him, simply for fear of being judged. He heard a knocking on his door and jumped, before he heard Nancy's voice say, "let me in."

Tyler opens the door and she slides through before shutting it behind her. "You're not sneaky," she says. "If you're worried, I'm the only one home."

Tyler sighs. "I didn't want Shouto to see me. He's judgey about the whole Colby thing, you know. I'm just kind of avoiding it."

"Yeah, well, he's going to be as judgey, as he low-key is jealous," Nancy smirks. "I bet you anything he wishes he could be you. I do."

Tyler smirks. "Did you message Ash? That guy whose number I gave you?"

Nancy bites her nails. "Not yet, but I mean, I might. It'd be soooo nice to quit my fucking shitty job."

"What, a fish and chip shop isn't where you see the rest of your future?" Tyler grins, and Nancy rolls her eyes. "Nah, but for real."

Nancy narrows her eyes at him. "Yeah, but for real. Two things. I'll say the nice one first. That outfit's fucking sick and it took you long enough to start dressing like you've got a sugar daddy. How much did it cost?"

Tyler shrugs. "He pretty much stopped me from looking at the price tag."

"Oooh." Nancy covers her mouth with her hand. "Fucking damn. You're so lucky you're hot, how did you land this guy?"

Tyler remembers earlier that day, Colby's ex-wife saying she needed to talk to him about Colby. It's very hard to believe he'd have issues when things are this great. "I did suck his dick in the bathroom pretty much right after, but I don't think that's a downside, necessarily. Apparently I'm in trouble for jerking off to it."

"In trouble?" Nancy asks, eyebrows raised. She's got a slit in one eyebrow that makes it look like she's got a scar there. "What does that entail?"

If Tyler's mentioned the BDSM aspects to her so far, he's been vague about it. He sees no reason to continue being vague, though. "It's kind of like... there's a kinky part to it. He's only going to make me do stuff I say I'm fine with, but I dunno what a punishment means yet. He said in the car I'll find out tomorrow."

"Are you worried?"

Tyler shakes his head. "Nah. Like I said, he wouldn't make me do anything I really didn't want to."

"Not much of a punishment, then, is it?"

Tyler grins. "Maybe that's the point."

Nancy sighs, coming over to sit on Tyler's bed beside him. "Well, I did say two things, and I'd say the nice thing first. So, it's time for the second thing." Tyler's forgotten until she says it. "Your dad."

"Fuck." That shopping trip had effectively distracted Tyler, and he'd forgotten. "Ugh. Can we just, like, pretend he's not real? Can we forget? Let's forget."

"Your father's probably the worst person I can think of," Nancy begins, and Tyler laughs.

"What about Sandys? He sucked," Tyler argues.

"Sandys was, at worst, as bad as your dad, and I don't really think he measures up. There's no measure by which you can objectively say he was worse. And look what you did to Sandys."

"I'm not at all implying my dad doesn't deserve that," Tyler says, although it makes his blood run cold to think of what almost happened because of him. "But I didn't mean to hurt Sandys. I'm not going to pretend I'm some hammer of justice like that. I got angry and I didn't think anything would come of it."