Chapter 3

Katniss' POV

His body cringes, as the sirens go off.

The sirens are telling me that I should get out of the room Get away from Peeta.

But I don't. I do not move. He is shkaing from my touch, fighting the different pictures that connects with the the sentence: Stay with me.

He is brave. He is trying to solve the puzzle that is his mins right now. He is sorting out the shining memories and the not shining ones.

At one point it is, as if I can see the memory. I can feel, and tell that it is the memory from the first time he held me in his arms to fight the nightmares.

He does not get why he was protecting me, and not killing me. It could have been so easy.

"A-a-al"

He starts to cough, and I gently hit him on the back to help him.

"Always."*
hia voice is raspy and after he said the word, it is like his spine turns into rubber, and the top of him falls over.
if it weren't for his body parts being locked to the chair, he would have fallen down on top of me.

It's like he is some sort of robot, that just collapses, when turned off.

The sirens stop.

"Peeta?" I gently call. Thoughts start to run through my head.

Is he dead?

Is he not breathing?

Is this what happens with hijacked people when they regain too much of their memory?

Did I just kill the last person that understands everything?

Am I responsible for this?

Tears start to fill my eyes, and I try again, this time louder:

"Peeta! PEETA! ANSWER ME! PLEASE JUST ANSWER ME!"

All the sudden he jumps up and I feel like I had a heart attack.

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU STINKING MUTT! GET LOST! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU, IF IT IS THE LAST THING THAT I'LL DO!"

I quickly eun out of the room. The guards asks me what they should do with Peeta, but I don't answer them.

They can't do anything to people who does not exist.

To people who are dead.