Chapter 14

Peeta's POV
I try to figure out where her voice came from.

"KATNISS!" I yell again. No response. Of course. This kind of shit would happen. I am about to have my mind all in place, and then this shit happens.

I can feel the mutt inside of me, screaming, wanting to come out. I put down the butcherknife, and pinch myself hard. I have to focus. Going mutt right now isn't going to do any good. I feel something behind me, and I turn around to grab the knife, but it's gone. Fuck.

I start to search around for a new one, but it was the biggest one. I find one that's almost as big, though.

"Peeeeeeetaaaaa? Where are youuuuuuuuuu? Come out and plaaaaaaaaay!"

What. The. Fuck.

The voice sounds raspy and broken. Like it hasn't been used in years, and the only sound that has come out, is screaming, crying, pain.

"Comee ooon.. Let yourself loose a little.. Come out and play, you stinking mutt!"

Oh, the stinking mutt will come out.

I can feel the blood pumping through my veins. I have to find this person. This thing has Katniss and a butcherknife.

I am shaking, trying to follow the insane voice.

"Mutt, mutt, mutt, mutt, mutt, mutt, ahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

Memories flashes in my mind, and I can feel the rage build up.
She is a mutt. A stinking-

No!

I am the mutt. Not Katniss.

I think that I may have said that part out loud, because I hear the raspy voice again: "Yes, she is a mutt, Peeta. It's her fault that you live alone now. Completely alone. All alone. Alone forever! Alone, always!"

No, no, no. I feel my mind being replaced with the one the Capitol gave me.

This voice has to stop. It hurts. It hurts so bad. Is it working with Katniss? Those stinking mutts!

I slap myself. Hard.

"We may be in the bedroom, Peeta," the voice laughs insanely.

GET THEM! KILL THEM BOTH!

No, it could be a trap.

Find them! Kill them!

NO!

Kill the mutts!

You're the mutt!

She killed our family!

You're not a part of my family!

I am a part of you!

No, you're not!

Kill them. Now. KILL THEM!

The mutt wins. As usual. I run to the bedrooms. I walk into the first one. Nothing.
Then the next one. Nothing.

Then the last one.

My hand is shaking, as I reach for the doorknob.

"Open the door, Peeta!"
It comes from inside of the bedroom. I tightnen the grip around my knife, before bursting in.

A net falls down upon me, making me unable to move.

"Plwida!" A weird sound comes from the other side of the room.
It's Katniss. She has tape over mouth, that's why she sounded weird when she called for, my name, I am guessing. Her hands and feet have been tied together, and a shadow is sitting next to her, laughing in that weird, raspy tone, butcherknife in hand.