ONE

I had never thought that shifting from one place to another could be this big task. I was tired from all the work I had to do since morning. Setting up my room, helping Mrs Park with moving things inside, not to mention my brother's continuous excuses to get away from work.

It was a new place, but I wasn't concerned about that. I was habitual. Leaving someone had never really been hard for me. I was done with attachments. I mean why should I waste my time getting attached to someone when I knew he or she was going to leave me one day. No offense but I preferred to live in reality.

"You're going to do fine. Don't get stressed over this school thing."

I looked to my side and saw my older brother smiling at me. I resisted myself from giving an eye roll and nodded my head. "I don't worry about it much," I gave a short reply and lowered my eyes to sip my latte.

"I'll drop you off at school tomorrow and will surely talk to teachers, so that no one will bully you," he smiled sweetly and I scoffed.

Charles was my least favorite and only brother who had this unexplained power of spitting nonsense all the time. He knew how much I hated being baby sit and all but he would still say it. And don't even try to defend him, he would do it because of my father. Yes, you got it right. He was my step brother who wanted maximum shares from our family business. Well, he could have the whole business for all I care.

"Oh my God!"

I frowned, and turned around to see a few teenagers laughing their asses off at a boy. "Did you really..." a girl stepped out, laughing. "You actually asked me for a coffee? Go and look at yourself in the mirror, you pig."

The guy's body was shaking and I didn't know if it was because of anger or embarrassment. By the way.. why the fuck was he silent? Say something you coward.

"Woah woah, stop clenching this poor thing so hard Park Sana."

I lifted my eyes in confusion, and Charles gave me a teasing smile before he took my fingers off the latte cup. I was gripping it hard.

"I can't believe this ugly shit thought Nina will have coffee with him," another guy stepped in and I shook my head in disappointment.

"If you've finished your latte, shall we leave?" Charles asked and stood up before I could answer. Why did he ask me again? "Let's go," he paid the bill, and somewhere in my mind I knew why he wanted me to leave this place right now. I took a deep breath and stood up from my seat as I watched my brother rounding the table. My eyes flickered to the guy's direction, and a groan escaped my lips when I saw other teenagers throwing some soft drinks over that poor guy.

"He even wore something new to get into our group. Hahaha..."

It was funny. Wasn't it? We would get bullied if not good enough in their eyes but if we were to do something to match their standards, we would be entitled as a desperate person. According to me, we all were racists and bullies because when someone won't agree with our words, we take a step back from them. Why? Because he or she was not like us. Why must we pretend to like or do something we won't want to? Because we won't want to be left alone?

Why don't just stay alone? People were trash anyway, so why get involved with them? Seeing that brunette there made me feel suffocated. I sighed and my feet started moving towards the scene automatically, but a hand on my arm stopped me.

"Sana."

I tilted my head to stare at Charles. "You're not getting involved in someone else's matter. Let's go," he said simply, giving me a look and I nodded. I gave one last glance in their direction before I turned away and started following Charles outside, but my steps halted when I heard an angry voice behind me.