TWENTY SIX

"Answers?"

I stared into his wide eyes and looked away but he was not having any of it as he cupped my cheeks and turned me to face him.

"Answers Sana... Answers that I've been waiting for these years" he said, determined "Why? Why did you leave me? It couldn't be just because of our fights. I refuse to believe that" he said.

I bit my lip and held his hands "Just don't ask stupid questions" I whispered and he growled, pushing his forehead against mine.

"Answer while I'm being polite" he warned "Tell me why?" he asked, again.

I closed my eyes tightly and pushed him again "Because I fell out of love" I lied and he stumbled back "Happy? I wasn't in love with you anymore and it was suffocating me" I said with a shaky voice as tears burned my eyes.

"No no no" he said in disbelief and my heart ached for him as I watched him pacing back and forth.

"It's the truth" I lifted my chin up "I'm not in love with you anymore, in fact I met Kris in China" I hurt him more and it felt like I hit the nerve.

"What?" he barked out as his eyes blazed with anger. He has always been insecure about Kris and me, so knowing that we spent a lot of time together in China drove him crazy.

"Yes" I confirmed and he stared at me as if he couldn't recognize me anymore. My hands started shaking and I at once hid them behind my back. Our staring contest went for a while and I took my time to scan his figure.

Oh how much I've missed this person.

If only I could go over to him and hold him in my arms but that wasn't the case. I wasn't allowed to do that, either his fans would turn mad at him or me. He has worked hard for this, I wasn't going to become an obstacle in his road to success.

"So that's it" he threw his hands up in defeat "You don't want me anymore? I've waited for this moment... for a long time and now it's just-" his voice cracked and I stepped back from him.

My own eyes filled with tears as I stood there in denial. A part of me wanted to tell him the truth and embrace him but the sober part kept reminding me of the consequences of my actions.

"You know what?" his blazing eyes stared into mine as I held my breath when he walked toward me "Fuck it" he muttered and just like that I felt his palm over the nape of my neck as he pulled me to him for a kiss.

My heart melted at the familiar feeling as I grabbed the soft material of his shirt and closed my eyes. His tongue darted out to take my lower lip in his and my hands roamed up to his shoulder.

Damn I missed his lips!

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me more close to him as his mouth explored mine. The kiss told me his pain, desperation, love and hate... everything.

"I... I still love you Park Sana" he whispered and I closed my eyes as he placed a warm kiss on my forehead "Just.. please don't go this time" he begged.

"Everyone dinner is ready!"

A loud voice from inside announced and we broke apart. I kept my eyes on the ground and was ready to leave when I realized that my fingers were still intertwined with his. My eyes fell on our joined hands and heart felt heavy. I lifted my eyes to see him staring at me gently.

"I like the way your hands fit into mine" his lips curved into a smile and he unwillingly let go of my hand. I wanted to hold his hand again but refrained myself.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and he nodded, stepping back. I watched as he turned around and left me standing there. I couldn't do it any more and started crying.