NINE

"I'm sorry about your brother."

I shook my head and smiled sadly at Minseok. He had nothing to be sorry about, it wasn't his fault... Instead I should be thankful to him because I came out of this phase because of him.

"It's okay." I sighed and looked up at the night sky. We were sitting in the garden of Minseok's home, he was leaving for Seoul tomorrow and my parents allowed me to spend some time with him tonight. Charles was coming to pick me up in an hour or so.

"Thank you for telling me." He squeezed my hand. "It must have been hard for you," he said.

"I felt so confused when it happened," I answered honestly. "I lost my mother when I was around 13 years old and then dad married someone else after a year when we were staying in America. I felt like Mrs Park took my mother's place but then Ho Jun helped me out of this." I looked at him. He was listening to me without a word, he knew I needed to let it out.

"I started bonding with my new family. I helped Mrs Park learn Korean as we were shifting back here soon. I and her son Charles used to be so goofy. I was actually enjoying their company." I bit my lip as tears started filling my eyes. "Ho Jun never told me about his struggles in school. He just... he just left without a word." I choked on air as I pushed a hand over my mouth to cover my sobs.

"Ssshhhh..." Minseok took me in a side hug gently and patted my shoulder.

"I could have helped him but he did not say anything. I started hating everyone, even myself because I felt like we should have noticed the signs... that somehow it's our fault." I sobbed and cried in his arms.

"I understand," he whispered, stroking my hair. "But it wasn't yours or anyone else's fault Sana," he said, softly and cupped my face. "You're a strong girl and you even fought for me because you knew that it must have been hard for me. You understood me," he told me as I sniffled.

"Dont... don't ever leave me." I gave in and said those words. I never wanted to look vulnerable but hell with my principles, I wanted Kim Minseok in my life.

"I won't ever leave you." He chuckled, lightly and then we fell silent, basking in each other's warmth as all of our memories flashed in front of my eyes. God I was going to miss him. "Apply for a literature course... You're gonna do well in that department," he suggested, stroking my hair and I smiled.

"You want me to be a writer?" I looked up at him and stifled a laugh. "I'm gonna write your story first... you coward." I stuck my tongue out and he scoffed.

"I'm good in martial arts," he said cockily and I looked at him, amused. "I can do Taekwondo, wushu and fencing."

"Mighty Min-Min." I pinched his cheek. "And you still didn't fight with your bullies," I noted and he let out a deep sigh.

"Karma," he said one word and glanced at me. "I believe in Karma. Don't involve in any fights while I'm gone. Okay?" he furrowed his brows and I giggled.

"I can't promise," I said sheepishly and he at once opened his mouth to scold me but I cut him off. "Fine I'll try," I muttered.

"Good." He grinned. I watched him carefully to remember his features because I did not know when I was going to see him again.

I would miss the way his small eyes widened everytime I do something surprising or the way his brows furrowed when he couldn't understand a thing or his protective behavior whenever his person was in pain or something.

Everything.

I would miss Kim Minseok so much and I knew deep down that my feelings for him weren't 'just friends'. I liked him more than I wanted to accept. I waited for him to step up and say something because I was scared of rejection. I couldn't afford to lose his friendship or him, so I waited for him but he stayed silent.