TWENTY THREE

"How's Baekhyun doing?"

Kris asked as he munched his food and I looked up at him "You know after the dating scandal" he murmured. I would be lying if I say I wasn't surprised with his question because it was the first time he had asked me about members.

It had been a month since I met him and this was the first time he had brought up the topic of something related to Exo.

"He was sad" I replied and put my fork back "I was honestly scared when it happened because he was so cheerful and it broke my heart to see him like that" I sighed and plopped my elbows on the table.

"Wasn't it the company's strategy?" he lowered his eyes and stuffed his mouth with more food while I frowned. "I mean to drag away attention from my departure?" he asked.

"What?" I gawked at him, surprised by his assumptions "No, they were real. I can't believe you are saying that" I said in disbelief.

He sighed and slumped back on his seat "Sana... there are things you don't know about SM. I'm not saying they were fake or anything" he looked away "But don't you see that strange?Exo was already going through hard time and SM could have stopped Baekhyun's relationship from public light"

"Why?" I was dumbfounded.

"Because they knew Baek would get hate for this" he shrugged "SM purposely exposed their relationship to drag away the spotlight from my departure, if there was one" he concluded and I scoffed.

"That's absurd" I narrowed my eyes at him. "It worsened the situation of Exo. SM wouldn't have-"

"Suho was the one to ask you about relationship-up issue. Wasn't he?" Kris deadpanned and I swallowed hard.

"What do you mean?" I clenched my hands in fist when I remembered about the guy who I used to take as my little brother and how he treated me after everything.

"Don't hate Suho" Kris said quietly and I rolled my eyes as I wiped my mouth with a napkin "You never know what goes behind the doors" he said.

I looked at him for a few minutes and then nodded. He must have known about all of this as he was a part of SM at one time. I did not know much about the company's matter because Minseok had never said or shared anything with me related to it.

"When are you publishing your first book?" Kris changed the subject and I chuckled.

"You can expect it to come by the end of this year" I grinned and he smiled, softly.

He paid for our food and we made our way out of the restaurant. It was night time so we were kind of secured from the eyes of people. We walked side by side and my mind drifted towards a certain someone with whom I used to spend nights with.

I looked up at stars and smiled as my eyes closed automatically. He's here. It was strange how his absence was still comforting because I was happy to be even under the same sky as him. His happiness was everything.

"Do you miss him?" Kris asked and I opened my eyes to stare at him. I was confused how to answer him because I knew about his feelings for me but his next words relieved me somewhere "I'm your friend. Don't feel awkward" he smiled and I sighed.

"Thank you" I whispered and gave him a cheeky smile "And yes. I do. I do miss him so much" I told him, honestly.

"Why don't you call him or something?" he asked but I shook my head immediately.

"I'm not sure" I blinked "I mean I've cut all of my contacts with everyone there except for my parents"

"Sana it's gonna be a year now" he pressed and I gulped down my emotions before smiling a bit.