SIX

"What are you guys doing here?"

I asked, surprised when I saw Eun Sang and Minseok on my doorsteps one day. They looked at me weirdly and I realized how foolish I was. I should have invited them in first. "Come in" I mumbled and opened the door wider for them to enter. I closed the door after them and sighed in defeat when I heard Mrs Park's voice.

"Omo... You're Sana's friends? Come in."

I turned around and watched her usher Eun Sang and Minseok to the living room. It was going to be hell of a day.

"I'm Eun Sang."

I came to the living room and saw the 'introduction' phase going on between them and sat in a corner seat. "And He's Minseok. We're her classmates."

"I'm so glad Sana's friends came here." Mrs Park smiled, brightly. "I... uh I'm gonna get you guys some refreshments," she said and got up to leave for the kitchen while I glanced at my dear friends.

"We wanted to talk about homework," Eun Sang started and I raised my brows. "I wanted help with maths," she exclaimed at once.

I looked at her, startled and laughed out loud. Maths! Help from me? I scoffed, unbelievable and quirk my brow as if asking her 'Are you serious?'

"She got zero in the test," Minseok chirped and I groaned in annoyance. How many times were they going to announce that?

"Exactly." I glanced at her. "So again... why are you two here?" I asked suspiciously because for the past two weeks, I've noticed their weird requests to visit my house.

What were they planning seriously?

"Actually..." Minseok scratched the back of his head, nervously. "I wanted to help you with upcoming tests and Eun Sang also wanted to tag in," he blabbered and I frowned.

"You could have asked me to come over," I murmured. "And I didn't even ask for your help," I said, confused.

"I thought you were feeling awkward about it, so I volunteered myself." He laughed, awkwardly "And my house is packed with guests," he told me.

I nodded my head and glanced at Mrs Park who came with drinks and snacks for them. I stood up and helped her place the things on the table. "You guys should come over more," Mrs Park said and they nodded, awkwardly while I resisted myself from rolling my eyes.

"Don't mind me but I'm curious about you Mrs Park." Eun Sang smiled sheepishly and I knew what was coming next. "Where are you from?"

"I'm from America." Mrs Park smiled warmly. "I just moved here recently with Sana," she answered and I felt Minseok staring at me but ignored it.

"You used to study in America?" Eun Sang looked at me surprised and I shrugged, nonchalantly.

"You speak Korean very well," Minseok complimented my step-mother and I laughed internally.

"It was a disaster at first but Sana helped me a lot." She looked at me warmly and I felt my heart skip a beat. It made me remember our happy times and how much I used to actually enjoy coming home after the long day.

But it was just a memory now... nothing else.

"So, Sana why don't you go upstairs and get your notebooks from your room?" Eun sang smiled. "I think we should study at my house."

"But you said-"

"Just go already," she shooed me away and I scowled while climbing stairs. They were being weird.

What was the deal with them?

I grabbed my bag and took out my notebooks while searching for pens and pencil etc. I heard a knock on the door and glanced over my shoulder to see Minseok standing there awkwardly.