Chapter 13

"Listen to me." Orlando grabbed the side of my head to make me look at him. "You don't need to do this, you've lived-" Orlando paused and tried to count the number of years in his head, but gave up quickly "-a very long time-" He lowered his voice, "You don't have to go to High School again..." Orlando looked over my shoulder at Hunter who was rubbing my arms in a comforting manner. I looked around the sea of bustling students and towards the enterance of the school that stated proudly 'Darren High School' over it in big, bold letters.

"I planned on living as normal as a life as I could when I got here, I can't let something as stupid as a rejection control me. Remember? you basically said the same thing last week." I smiled and lifted my hand to rub his cheek comfortingly. Orlando stared into my eyes, searching for any sign that I didn't want to do this, he sighed and nodded when he didn't find any.

"Okay, alright. Fine, do you remember your information?" Orlando eyed me, I sighed and recited the 'information' I spent all night last night embedding into my brain.

"My name is Andromeda Rinvoski, I'm 17, I recently moved here from Los Angeles to stay with my older brother, Orlando-" I gave Orlando a pointed look, then looked behind me at Hunter, "-and his friend Hunter. Our parents died in a terrible accident two months ago, and here I am. Oh and if you must know I own a '67 Chevy, my favorite colors are black, red, and white and I'm definitely not a virgi-" I smirked at the end when Orlando cut me off.

"Yeah, okay. We get it." Orlando shivered and Hunter chuckled at me.

"Let's get you inside before the bell rings and you're late, trust me, being late on your first day? Not so great." Hunter slung his arm over my shoulder and led me into the building and past all the students looking at me curiously.

Orlando, Hunter and I waited in the front office for the secretary to come back with the papers I will need to get to my classes, and a map to actually find my classes. Hunter doesn't usually go to school but he decided that he would go to school when I go to school to keep me company and to 'protect' me, since apparently my awesome ninja skills are depleting. I leaned my head on Orlando's shoulder and rested my feet on Hunter's lap as we sat on a exceedingly uncomfortable couch and waited.

I was thinking about how my first day will go, will Hunter be in all my classes? Will we have the same lunch? Will I make any friends that don't already know...who I am? when I felt Hunter and Orlando visibly stiffen under me. I looked up at them and then I heard the familiar sound of the door opening and saw two figures walk in, Brandon and W-Will; My eyes met Will's eyes briefly before I tore my gave away and instinctively grabbed a hold of Hunter's hand that was laying gingerly on my lap.

I knew they stopped by the door, and I knew they were both looking at me. One with pity, Brandon, and the other with-I don't know really, I didn't want to look him in the eye again to find out. I breathed out in relief when the secretary came strolling back into the room with my papers, Hunter got his papers sorted out yesterday... Now, I'm wishing I did too.

"Ms. Rinvoski," I got up extremely quickly and rushed to the desk, I think I startled the secretary a little bit, oh well, I don't care right now to be honest.

"That's me" I rushed out, I waited impatiently for her to hand me my papers, why did she call me if they weren't sorted?! I relaxed slightly when I smelled Hunter's familiar cologne next to me, I leaned into his touch as he rubbed circles on my back. I could've sworn I heard a growl coming from my left but chose to believe I was imagining it, I mean, why haven't they moved away from the door yet anyway?

The secretary handed me my papers which I basically snatched out of her hands, and then she stood up and pointed to a few places that Orlando needed to sign, I just noticed Orlando was standing behind me when he walked around me to 'sign on the dotted line' or so they say. The secretary -I really need to learn her name- entered somethings into the computer and then we were free to leave.