Chapter 21: Floor 52, Vlydicia the Spider Lord

Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale...

"Sir, should we head in now?" a boy asked.

Sandy hair, light green eyes, he was 15 years old and a member of Knights of the Blood.

General Heathcliff nodded.

"Open the door."

A couple of people opened the door; Heathcliff walked in first, Asuna following behind him, and the rest of the people heading in behind the two. The group was silent as they walked in, the doors closing shut behind the last two people who entered.

The room was decorated fit for an heir. On the black and white tiled floors was a red rug filled with designs of what seemed like gold thread, purple tapestries with silver stitches were hung up, and statues of knights' armor lined up against the walls standing readily as if to follow any orders.

Suddenly, a loud hiss was heard. Some of them reached for their swords but Heathcliff held a hand up, signaling them not to attack yet. A web was then shot out directly at Asuna, who widened her eyes and instinctively raised her hands up to defend herself.

Heathcliff dashed in front of her and blocked the hit, twirling the web around his sword and yanking it, a spider stumbling out from view wearing a cape.

"Vlydicia the Spider Lord..." the sandy haired boy muttered under his breath, staring into the spider's beady, red eyes.

"Everyone, get in positions with your squads!" Heathcliff yelled, "Attack when I say you can!"

Vlydicia stared at all of them, moving around the room carefully. Suddenly she hissed and clatters could be heard throughout the room. The knights that were lined up against the walls started moving and wielded their weapons.

"Those are the minions! Everyone attack!"

Battle cries, though somewhat unnecessary, filled the whole room, and clashes of weapons could be heard everywhere.

The sandy haired boy attacked through all the minions and worked his way up to the boss were Asuna and Heathcliff were, since he had no party of his own and was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do.

He dashed through the knights, decapitating one of their heads, the contact of his sword and the armor creating a clanking sound.

The yells of fear, the deaths of things, the sound of battle...it's like music to my ears, he thought.

He finally made it through and reached Asuna, who jumped and attempted to hit the spider, but only managed a small scratch.

"It's too high up sir! What do we do?" Asuna asked Heathcliff. He turned to Asuna and the sandy haired boy.

"We have to cut the spider's web. It's just resting while the minions are doing all the work. Do you both think you can jump high enough?"

"Yes sir!" they both shouted.

"Then go!" Heathcliff yelled. They both took a couple of steps back then ran and jumped up, both of them grabbing onto one of the spider's legs. They hoisted themselves up onto Vlydicia and held on as the spider lord attempted to shake them off. Carefully, without falling, they hoisted themselves up onto its back and cut the web. Vlydicia fell to the floor with a thud, landing on its legs. A single thread was left, connecting it to the ceiling.

Several players started to swarm around the spider and attacked, others still staying in their positions to fight against the minions.

Everyone was doing well, no deaths had occurred yet. This boss seemed too easy.