What's In Your Head?

Charizard roared from the ground in a sitting position, struggling underneath the blazing sun. His hard eyes were on his opponent, a Decidueye which was sternly staring back. He struggled to get up, but nothing, not even his Trainer's shouts, were enough to free his shadow that bound him down.

"Seems your spirit's been shackled, shall we agree? Aaaa-aha ha ha ha," the lady cackled slowly and lightly. A laugh she did occasionally during this battle, which made her opponent suspicious as to if it was real or not.

Gary bared his teeth, his heart leaping about wildly in his chest. I can't lose, he thought seriously. Not now. Not here! This is it! I have to win! I have to do it!! He grabbed the bill of his backwards cap and flipped it forward on his head!

The dark stone wedged in the middle of the Poke Ball design on the front of his cap glimmered in the sun.

"Charizard, the battle is far from over!! Exceed your maximum potential and show power beyond compare! MEGA EVOOOOOOLVE!!!" He pressed his pointer and middle finger to the Key Stone on his cap.

With a sharp white light, the Key Stone flashed and quickly traded off to a yellow glow, streams of what could have passed for lightning stretching out from it and reaching for Charizard.

A Mega Stone attached to a red, metal band around Charizard's right leg began to flash blue and shot out blue sparks that met with Gary's sparks in the air between Pokemon and Trainer.

Gary's sparks seemed to take over and run over Charizard's, becoming a brighter mix of colors, and this coated over Charizard's body.

The Pokemon roared aggressively as its almost glittery silhouette morphed and shifted, changed and twisted, until the light blew itself out and gray smoke and gusts of air filled the field momentarily before the Mega Evolved Pokemon was revealed, the colorful symbol of Mega Evolution appearing in front of him for a second before vanishing. The same height as before, a black beast stood on its two feet. It inhaled deeply, puffing out its sky-blue underside, and let out a horrifying roar that forced wind at Decidueye and its Trainer.

Decidueye's feathers ruffled and it turned its head slightly, maintaining eye contact with Mega Charizard X's now red eyes.

Decidueye's Trainer, Masseca, bared her teeth, though in a forced smile, stunned by this turn of events, but keeping a brave face.

"Whooooooooa!! Mega Evolutiooooooon!!" her talking Rotom Pokedex wailed out, unable to hold in its surprise. It was hovering in the air above Masseca but backed up at the completion of Mega Evolution. "This could spell out trouble!"

"And there it is, folks!" the unseen announcer yelled from a private area high above the packed bleachers. "Gary has Mega Evolved his Charizard into Mega Charizard X! After having been bound down by Decidueye's Spirit Shackle, Mega Charizard X is up and at 'em and looking all kinds of mean! With these being both Trainers' final Pokemon, has the winner of the Hoenn League been decided??!"

"Aaaa... ha-ha ha ha ha..." Masseca laughed dismissively. "As if I've come so unprepared!" She extended her arms, her diamonds gleaming by the sun.

Gary squinted at her, looking her up and down, distracted by her gleaming wardrobe.

Masseca was wearing, literally, nothing but jewels! They all looked to be the same size and crystal shape, but the colors did tend to vary, and they all held black designs amongst the middle of them. Her body was covered in these items, no actual clothes in sight.

Gary found himself trying to spy a nipple or other private part beyond the jewels during a bit of the battle, but to no success.

She grabbed at a specific jewel on her person and removed it, placing it in a spot Gary had also been eyeing.