Part Eighty Four

Before anyone knew, it was Christmas! And quickly, the time for present-opening had arrived.

Isabel, Genaro, Eve and Adlyn gathered in Eve's and Genaro's living room, and Isabel got the first gift: $250 from Eve and Genaro.

Then, Genaro opened his gifts: Spanish music by artists like Prince Royce, Enrique Iglesias, Maná and Sandoval.

And then, Eve. She got a stability ball, a purple Sharpie pen (her other one broke), and then Adlyn poked her.

You. Missed. One. Adlyn shakily pointed.

Eve saw a sloppily wrapped present, and went to open it. On the top it said To Eve from Adlyn in clumsy writing.

She opened it, and saw a card.

Dear Eve, merry Christmas. thank you for helping Me so much, I love you So much, I can't thank you enof tell Isabel I apreshiat her to. Sinserly, Adlyn.

Words couldn't explain Eve's feelings at that moment. Adlyn went through hell every day and it must have been so hard and hurt so much to write the letter and to deal with all the shit everyday...

And then it was Adlyn's turn.

She got the Divergent series: "Divergent," "Insurgent," "Allegiant," and "Four."

But. I. Can't. Flip. The. Pages, Adlyn said after slowly, carefully, and painstakingly opening the package.

"I'll read it out loud to you."

Awesome. Let's. Get. Started.

"Not yet, let's eat first." Everyone headed to the table.

Adlyn could manage the silverware on her own, but it always made a big mess, so someone always had to help her. It made her feel helpless but she didn't have a choice.

"I'll do it tonight," Eve said, "it" being feeding Adlyn.

Once everyone was served and they prayed (they were Christian), Genaro and Isabel ate while Eve fed Adlyn.

They were eating enchiladas (courtesy of Genaro), and Eve cut it for Adlyn and then gave her the fork, and held her hand gently over Adlyn's, and helped her. It took a long time but finally, once Adlyn was fed, Eve could eat too.

After that, storytime!

The duo went to the guest room and Eve opened the book, and began to read.