11 | rooftop

"Take a deep breath in. Now take a deep breath out," Dr. Moon said. They were checking Jaemin's lungs and his breathing to make sure he was alright.

"Why hasn't anyone found a cure for this," Jaemin suddenly asked. Dr. Moon looked at him and smiled.

"I'm not sure. You know, you've changed," Dr. Moon said. Jaemin looked at them and raised an eyebrow.

"How so?" Jaemin asked.

"You keep asking for a cure and that you'll take anything. Before you would constantly give up and didn't care anymore. What changed?" He asked. Jaemin looked at them and shrugged.

"I guess I fell in love," Jaemin said. He chuckled.

"Seems like it. Who is it by the way?" Dr. Moon asked him. Jaemin smiled.

"He's a guy named Jeno. I recently just meet them but we get along so fast and we both liked each other. I couldn't just wait," Jaemin said.

"Does he know?" Dr. Moon asked him. Jaemin knew that he was asking if he knew about his condition and about his situation. Jaemin shook his head.

"No. I can't tell him. I don't want to hide it from him but I just can't break his heart. I can't do it. I just want to see him smile," Jaemin said.

"You have to tell him someday, alright?" Dr. Moon said. Jaemin nodded his head.

"I'll try to," Jaemin said.

"Well you are fine for now. You don't need the IV drip anymore but you still take your pills so it can still get the same effect," Dr. Moon said. Jaemin nodded his head at him.

"Thank you for not listening to me back when I gave up," Jaemin said. Dr. Moon shook his head.

"You should thank your parents," Dr. Moon said. He stood up and waved goodbye at him.

Jaemin looked outside the window and sees that it's already getting dark. He hears a knock on the door. He looks to see who it is and sees none other than his parents. He smiles at them.

"We brought you some snacks. Maybe to make you feel any better," Jaemin's mother said to him. Jaemin giggled and thanked her.

"You know when we were on our way here. We saw Jeno walking, have you texted him?" Jaemin's father asked him. Jaemin smile on his face disappeared. He looked at his phone that he had yet to touch.

"No. I haven't contacted him since. I was too scared," Jaemin said. They looked at each other.

"We would rather you contact him before it's too late," They said. Jaemin looked at them. He knew they were right. He didn't know what could happen.

"I'll text him later tonight," Jaemin said. He lifted up the bed sheets and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Jaemin's mother asked him.

"I'm heading to the rooftop. Is that fine with you guys?" Jaemin asked them with a smile on his face. They softly nodded his head at him.

Jaemin left the room and headed to the rooftop. He went to the stairs and went up. He walked rather slow towards the rooftop. He didn't want to sudden lose his breathe just because he was walking too fast.

He made it to the rooftop and looked up at the sky. Like always the moon was shining, he smiled. He walked towards a bench but didn't bother sitting down. He wanted to stretch his legs.

As he continued to look up at the sky, he heard the door open. He turned around and sees Jeno standing just a few feet away from him. He widened his eyes as he saw his boyfriend standing right in front of him.

Jeno walked up to him and looked at him. He was wearing his hospital clothes.

"Why didn't you tell me you were at the hospital?" Jeno asked him. Jaemin didn't say anything. Did he find out? How did he know he was here?

"How?" Is all that slipped out of Jaemin's mouth. Jeno chuckled at him.

"I called you but your mother picked up the phone. She told me that you were at the hospital so I came here as fast as I could to make sure you were alright. When I came into your room they told me that you were on the rooftop," Jeno said.

Jaemin sighed in relief. He hoped that his parents didn't tell Jeno.

"The light that shone on my dark night, only one starlight becomes clearer," Jaemin thought.

When Jaemin was looking at the sky, he couldn't find a single star in the sky but the minute Jeno appeared he realized he was looking for the wrong star.

The only star that he should have been looking for appeared for him and as he took a step closer to him. That star only became clearer and clearer. He felt bad for not texting him or calling him while he was in the hospital.

He should have been looking for Jeno.

This is so cuteee.

I hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!