Emily

EMILY POV
It was winter time, my favourite season. Everyone was having a great time, ether skating or sledding or building a snowman. My friend, Jack, was building a snow fort in front of a big tree. He always found neat ways to have fun.
"Hi Jack," I said, coming over to him.
"Hi Emily!" He said, happily. "I'm making a castle for both of us to live in!" I laughed. "I even made you a crown, look." He said as he took out a crown made out of ice and snow. "You're the Snow Queen," he said, putting it on my head, and getting another one almost exactly like the one before, and putting it on his brown hair. "And I'm the Ice King!" He smiled a big goofy smile.
"Thank you, Jack," I said, taking the crown off and looking at it. I realized how beautiful ice was, and how privileged we are to have it here. It's such an amazing thing, cold and magnificent. Ice and snow is fun and limited at the same time... But if you lived in a place where it was winter all the time you wouldn't have to worry about it ever going away.
My thoughts were interrupted by Jack's mother. "Come, children," she said, "time for lunch." She smiled as Jack ran towards her.
"Lunch! Yay!" He repeated as he ran through the door.
"Emily," I looked up to her. "How about you? Are you eating lunch with us too?" I got up from the snow and smiled.
"Of course Mrs. Frost," I said, also going inside. "Just like every week." She smiled and followed me in.
I loved the look of their cozy little house. There was a fire softly burning in the fireplace, soup boiling on the wood stove, and knitted rugs all over the floor. The windows were half covered with hot pink curtains, and you could see the snow piling up on the window sill outside. Then, at the table, sat my group of best friends. There was Tara, also known as Tooth. Then Ben, also known as Bunny. Next was Nick, also known as Santa or North. After was Sam, or Sandy, as we liked to call him, but he doesn't talk too much. Following was Peter, who had the nickname Pitch because his hair and scarf were so dark, but he was still our friend. or, at least, my friend. Now, there was Jack, who got his nickname naturally; Jack Frost is his real name. And last is me, Emily. I love the winter time, so they call me the Snow Queen. I'm the only one with no connection with alliteration.
Together, we like to call ourselves The Guardians.
"Kids," Jack's mom called. "Lunch is ready!"
"Soup!" We all screamed, swarming the stove.
Oh, we also love soup.
HICCUP POV (the younger one one)
"Merida, what is it? Please don't tell me Toothless broke your bow again!" I said, letting my girlfriend drag me out into the cold air. "Geez!" I said, grabbing my shoulders for warmth. "Why is it so cold?!"
"It's late December nut brain," she said, giving me a scarf. "It's supposed to be cold." She wrapped it around my neck like a mother would do to their pour child.
"Whuh ish sho ihmorpantsh fhor thise?" I tried to ask, with my mouth covered with wool. She pulled it down to let me talk, finally. I coughed. "Who is so important for this?" I asked again, clearer and less muffled.
"An old friend," she said, looking out into the sky.
"Which one?" I asked. "Be more specific, there are a lot."
She looked back at me with a glare and said, "The only other one who can stand this kind of weather, Jack Frost!"
"Why is he here?" I asked sleepily.
"Do the questions never stop with you? The same reason we're here, to get to Arenelle!"
"Why?" I said by mistake. "Oops..." She stared a hole in me with her laser gaze.
"Apparently there was a quest note sent from Arendelle to Jack, it may be about PB," I used an abbreviation. "And us, the big four." I looked back at him. "And I told him we'd meet him at the standing stones."
He barely let me finish. "Merida!" He groaned. "Why? It's so far away, and it's always creepy on days like today! Merida..." He whined like a little kid. "Do we have to go?" I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"You'll be fine, Hiccup." I said, grabbing his hand again, and dragging him on. "We have to get there in less than an hour, so let's get Toothless." He suddenly smiled and perked up.
"Toothless!" He said, breaking free and running to go get his dragon.
EMILY POV
After we were done our delicious warm soup, we went back outside to play. I put on my dark blue cloak and my crown, and headed over to my friends.
"What's everyone clumped up for?" I asked Jack, pushing my way through the crowd of kids and parents. "Where's Pitch?" I asked with concern, finally reaching the rest of my friends.
"We don't know," started Tooth.
"No one does." Bunny finished. Our view shifted from one another, then down to the river everyone was crowded over.
"Why are we standing over the river, anyways?" I asked North, who was looking around frantically, until his eyes landed on something in the river.
"Because of that, look." He said, pointing to a black knitted wool scarf clinging to a rock. "That was Pitch's scarf..." He said, trailing off.
"No," I said, backing away. "I have to go look for him..." Jack put his hand on my shoulder, but I flicked it off quickly.
"Emily he's gone," he said quickly before tears started streaming down my face.
"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "He can't be dead! Pitch is not gone! I CAN FIND HIM!" I said, grabbing his wet scarf and storming off.
"Emily, no wait!" Jack said, trying to stop me.
"What!" I yelled, turning back to him, accidentally hitting him, knocking him down. He lay on the ground, looking up to me, seeing what I'd become. All I saw were scared brown eyes looking back at me, and I realized what I'd done.
"What happened to you?" He asked, backing away in fear.
I started to shake my head, faster and faster, looking at my hands. Then at him, then my hands again. Then I looked far, far away, then back once more to say, "I've become a monster." With that, I ran off, not to find Pitch, no. I'd just hurt him too. I was going to a place where my favourite season never ended. Where I didn't have to worry about snow or ice ever going away.
I was going to Nunavut, in Canada.
The nearest and coldest place I could think of.
PITCH POV
I was walking far away, to who knows where. At least I could be alone, and be in peace. Those cheery kids are too much for me... They're too happy, it's unrealistic! In fact, the world is too joyful in my opinion. I think they're ether blinded by love, or to busy with avoiding problems. In my opinion...
There needs to be more fear in the world.
Yes, fear. The kind that makes your heart beat so fast and so loud it sounds like a train. The kind of fear that everyone has, the kind of fear I have. But how will I change the world? I'm just a kid! I'll need help...
Or time.
Or both. I could wait until I'm grown up, and I am more capable of making a change. But still, the whole world...
Someone else is in need for sure. Now, let me think... None of those perky guardians will do, they're too joyful. Well, not all of them. I think Emily is different, she isn't as joyful as the rest, more serious... More cold. And at least she didn't leave me behind. She could have some real potential in the future.
Protect her, prepare her, I thought. Until I can use her.
It's time to get started. I'll call this age of fear... What? Shadow age? The call of Darkness? Oh! I've got it!
The Dark Ages will do perfectly. I looked up at the night sky, that was day when I started walking. I saw the moon, and I smiled at it.
"Are you ready for this?" I asked it with determination. "Are you prepared for me?"
EMILY POV
I've found the perfect place to get started with my new life in isolation, and happiness. Although, it's a lot colder than I expected. I think I've actually started to freeze a bit...
Wait a second, what am I doing right now? I just walked 500 miles to get to one of the coldest places on earth! I'm not prepared. I don't have food, or water, or ability to take care of myself at all! I'm just a child! What am I going to do, what have I done?
I collapsed on the icy ground, that was covered in thick snow. I was being consumed by fear. I covered my face with my hands, letting tears stream from my eyes again. It was so cold here, and so dark. So lonely, I can't see anything in this blackness. Why does it have to be night right now? This sucks!
I threw myself back on the ice, and looked up at the full and bright moon. It seemed so welcoming and friendly. It chased all of the loneliness and darkness away, like a real friend would.
"Moon," I asked it, "help me survive out here, protect me. You're my only friend." Nothing happened for just a few seconds. Then, all of a sudden, I felt a stabbing pain of cold ice in my heart and my skin. Not letting my eyes stray from the moon, I gave in to the freeze. Slowly, with a lot of hurt, I think I died, but came back to life again... But different.
I was a lot older, like, in my late 30's. Also, my skin is completely frozen, like it was water that had been exposed to extremely cold temperatures. My heart felt like it too had been consumed by ice. My whole body was...
Frozen.
And I forget everything about my life except for what happened just now.
Fluttering my eyes open after a short sleep of exhaustion, I saw the moon again. Except bigger, and brighter than before. In fact, it seemed to be growing! Am I going crazy due to the exposure of cold weather?
Welcome, new one. I heard a voice. A big, booming voice that filled the skies and rumbled the mountains. You are the very first Guardian to walk the Earth. You have been gifted with the power of ice and snow, as you've wished your whole life. I realized that the moon was talking to me. But be warned, there is someone out there that will hunt you down, in the future, that is far away. Do not fret, though, you are much stronger than him. In fact, you are the most powerful person ever to live on the planet. You are very important, young one. Hey, I thought I was in my late 30s! Well, maybe I'm 20. And even though you may think you are living in solitary, but in fact you will never be alone. As long as I am in the sky, you will always have a friend. Even though you will be torn apart by the feeling of emptiness and loneliness during the day. Your skin has been frozen so you won't die, because I was asked to preserve you for future use by a person who was important in your past, and is important to your future. You must make sure to stay away from that person until the time is right.
I cannot tell you anymore, except your name, immortal.
"What is my name?" I openly asked the moon.
Your name is Emily, but I think the title that best fits you is the Snow Queen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey readers!! :) OMOMOMOMGGGGGGGG! Over 4k reads?!!!?? YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS I COULD EVER ASK OR DREAM OR WISH FOR!!! :D!
Let me know what you think of the Snow Queen's background chapter (and a way to we've Pitch back into the story, lol) in the comments! :)
You know what's coming next...
Thanks for reading! :)
-ilovereading12345678