chapter 30: A two hour flight

isabella's P.O.V

toothbrush? check. shoes? check. clothing packed? check. makeup? check. ok, i think that's everything. I closed my suit case as I looked around the room for any unpacked items. I checked the bathroom until I heard a knock.

Isabella:"coming!"

I yelled as I checked the cabinets. everything's packed. I went out of the bathroom and opened the door revealing Brendan who looked super excited to leave.

Brendan:"ready?"

Isabella:"um..I think so. you got the plane tickets?"

Brendan:"yep."

I nod as I grab my stuff and we walk out the room.

*~*~*~*at the airport*~*~*~*

we waited until our flight was ready. we sat there quietly until two guys sat next to us. one of them sat next to me and the other guy sat next to brendan. they look familiar but I can't remember who. we continued sitting there quietly until Brendan broke the silence.

Brendan:"so...this is pretty awkward and boring."

I nod as the voice on the monitor spoke.

"flight A is ready to head off in about 10 minutes."

they said as they finally opened the doors and people starting forming a line while the lady collected their tickets. well...here goes nothing.

we gave the lady our tickets and realized the plane was getting full, almost all the seats were taken or had a seat empty beside them.

Brendan:"well...i'll sit over there I guess."

he said and sat next to an old lady. lucky. I looked around to see if there was an empty seat next to someone who looked nice but there wasn't any. there was only a seat next to that guy that sat beside me earlier ago. ok. deep breathe Bella. I thought to myself as I made my way over to him.

Isabella:"hi, is this seat taken?"

nailed it.

guy:"only taken by you."

he said and smiled. I thanked him and smiled as I took a seat beside him. ok, this is extremely awkward.

guy:"I'm Joaquin."

Isabella:"isabella."

I said as we shook hands. he had black hair with gel and hazel Brown eyes.

Joaquin:"so tell Me Isabella, what's your business in los Angeles?"

Isabella:"um well...I ran away from home or from my brother and his friends. I'm actually from New Jersey and spending my vacation in L.A."

Joaquin:"ah, I see."

Isabella:"what about you?"

Joaquin:"I bought a house in los Angeles. I'm planning on living there for a while now."

Isabella:"that must be nice."

Joaquin:"it is."

the plane started moving as I get a text from Brendan

Brendan: 'ha my partner just shared her subway with me, jealous?;)'

Isabella: 'lucky! I'm starving here.'

I heard him laugh from behind while me and Joaquin sat there quietly. I wonder what Gerard's doing, why doesn't he want me to come home?

joaquin: "so...why did you run away from your brother?"

there it was. the question that just got me depressed. the stupid mistake I made that I didn't even know why I did it.

Isabella:"I wanted to start fresh. a new life. I just...I don't know, I guess I just needed my mind off things..."

Joaquin:"is..there any one special in your life that you can talk too about this?"

Gerard. well that means if we're still together but I doubt it after that phone call.

Isabella:"I...*sigh* I don't even know any more."

I said as a stupid tear fell off my right eye as he placed his hand on top of mine.

Joaquin:"everything will be fine."

I nod as we looked into each other's eyes..I never realized his eyes are so...dreamy. ahh! what are you doing Isabella?! you can't fall for someone you just met! especially when you have feelings for Gerard! but Gerard Is probably with someone else and probably hates my guts forever while Joaquin is here looking very handsome - shut up izzy!!! I can not believe I'm having this argument with myself.

I broke eye contact as I tried to pretend like nothing happened. my brain is right. the only reason I'm on this plane is to fix things up at home and with Gerard. nothing else.

'new text message from Brendan'

Brendan: somethings off

Isabella: what is?

Brendan: you were having like a ... Idk..a romantic moment with that guy. do you have feelings for him or what?

Isabella: no of course not! I was just...looking out the window...

Brendan: oh yea sure. you're looking at the window while he looks at you like a lovely ducky.

Isabella: :P

Brendan: you like him haha ;)

Isabella: shut up! I do not!

Brendan: look he's sleeping! doesn't he look cute!

sleeping? I turned at his direction while he's looking right at me making Me blush. this guy.

Brendan: haha made you look :)

Isabella:"umm...how long is this flight?"

joaguin:"2 hours. why?"

Isabella:"oh nothing, just wondering. "

great.