june sixth: the key to anchor lake*

Rating: 10/10

Rating: 10/10

Type: Wattpad book (by lydiahephzibah)

External Link: Read it on Wattpad

About: The main character of this book, Blaire, moves to the small town on Anchor Lake after her mother's tragic death. Blaire is stuck living with an aunt that she hardly knows and likes even less, making her completely miserable. Until she discovers The Anchor Lakey, a podcast based on the book The Key to Anchor Lake by the elusive Mary S. Nesbitt. According to Nesbitt, tragedy strikes the small town of Anchor lake every twenty-five years. And it's been just that long since the last disaster. As for LGBTQ+ representation, the main character and her love interest are both lesbian. One of the other characters is most likely ace/aro.

My thoughts: I started reading this book yesterday and I'm already more than halfway through it! The writing is beautiful, the plot is riveting, and the characters are extremely well-developed, and, most importantly, real. It is told using a variety of formats: normal prose, news articles, podcast transcripts, and excerpts from another book. I love almost all of the main characters, and few that I don't love, I love to hate. If you haven't already, add this book to the top of your reading list!