june twenty-ninth: heartbeat*

Rating: 10/10

Rating: 10/10

Type: Wattpad book (by NicholasNicoBrown)

External Link: Read it on Wattpad

About: This book is about Thomas, who is struggling to return to normal life after being institutionalized for six months after his second suicide attempt. While Tomas originally just makes friends to keep his therapist happy, he can't deny his connection to Ethan, a swimmer who Thomas beat in a race over two years ago. But when his brother's death still haunts him, and he keeps running into familiar faces, will Thomas be able to move on? Or will his memories of the past prevent him from having a future?

My thoughts: If you read this book, I can guarantee you that you will see that I commented something along the lines of "your writing is so freaking good!" every other paragraph. And I meant every word of it. The writing in this book is so descriptive and gorgeous, and while it sometimes made me want to cry, I can't deny how amazing it is. This book does deal with a lot of hard topics, such as the death of a loved one and depression, but it does so gracefully and honestly. I lost my brother ten years ago, and not a day goes by when I don't think about him. This book made me feel like I wasn't alone. There were also several therapy sessions in this story, and they were so well done and realistic, unlike the scenes in most books. I honestly cannot put into words how much I love this book. If the only thing you choose to read/watch out all of my recommendations is this, I'll be happy. Because this book is too good not to be read.