june twenty-fourth: a beginner's guide to the american west*

Rating: 10/10

Rating: 10/10

Type: Wattpad book (by lydiahephzibah)

External Link: Read it on Wattpad

About: When his boyfriend breaks up with him, the main character March Marino books a trip across the American West. Out of the people in in his tour group, he immediately bonds with a girl named Young-mi over their bisexuality and shared hatred of hiking, and a guy named Arjun, who has a magnetic personality that March is instantly drawn to. As they make their way across the country, the three become even closer. The only problem is, after two weeks, they'll be going back to their separate hometowns and might never see each other again.

My thoughts: This book is truly the definition of a slow-burn romance. (Even though it takes place over the course of two weeks, there are multiple chapters every day, so it takes forever before the two characters finally get together) Still, it's absolutely amazing, and I like that the characters fall in love with each other's personalities first. The main character March suffers from a sprained ankle for a lot of the book, which I instantly related to, since I've probably sprained both my ankles a combined total of like ten times. If you're stuck at home in quarantine and you want to go on an adventure, you should totally check this book out!